Roofing Labour - General Help
We’re looking for a self-sufficient, motivated Roof Loader for our Bellingham location on Woburn Street.
If you know anything about the construction business, then you know that getting roofing materials on the top of roofs isn’t easy; it is physically demanding and requires a high level of accuracy to ensure the Roofing Contractors’ needs are met and homeowners’ property remains intact.
We know that the average time as a roof loader is 1 – 2 years and that is why we are committed to promoting from within – there are many opportunities to learn about our industry, products, equipment and operations. And many opportunities to apply for other jobs/other locations with us!
- Assists drivers with load securement to ensure safety compliance
- Load and unload materials from trucks and appropriately stages them on the rooftop to ensure safe distribution of products
- Assists the driver in setting up and maneuvering the conveyor belt system to transport roofing materials to the rooftop
- Reviews delivery documentation to ensure all items are loaded on the truck
- Passionate about great service & teamwork
- No fear of heights
- Dedicated to safety
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Physically able to complete job tasks such as climbing ladders, lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Be a team player
- Pride in being on time, self-sufficient, and able to provide knowledgeable, excellent customer service
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare – we offer multiple options, and we pick up a generous portion for single, couple or family coverage
- Insurance benefits and employee assistance program
- 401K – save for retirement with a traditional 401K account or Roth 401K – you are eligible after 90 days of employment and we match a portion of your contribution
- Time Off – Everyone needs time away from work to recharge and be with family and friends
- Employee referral bonus program
- Paid training/tuition reimbursement – Ready to further your education?
- Open door policy in a supportive and encouraging work environment
- Overtime available in peak periods
- Internal Promotions
Founded in 1972, we are a leading wholesale distributor of construction materials with over 40 locations across North America. We pride ourselves on being the most responsive, problem solving and fun place for our customers to conduct business.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, we provide job opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, familial or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
All candidates for employment must successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and background verification before employment is finalized.