|>> Return to Job Search|
Plant Supervisor Pickering 139711
||Plant Supervisor Pickering 139711|
Plant Supervisor needed in Mississauga
We are a concrete company – we are a quality oriented, innovation driven solutions provider for your concrete needs. Throughout the years we have developed a strong reputation based on our consistent focus on quality and service. Excellent coverage from our ready-mix plants throughout the Greater Toronto Area allows us to provide the highest level of service to all our customers.
- Health and Safety: Assist the Plant Manager in the implementation and compliance of our company Safety Program to ensure personnel are working in a safe manner in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensures that employees, equipment and processes meet or exceed the, OSHA and our company guidelines, standards and advisories. Pursues a culture of safety that is best in class with an objective of “zero” injuries or incidents. Actively engages with the employees to reinforce safe behaviors.
- Environment: Ensures regulations are met or exceeded by following companies best practices.
- Operations Strategy: Assist the Plant Manager in the processing, storage, and shipping of concrete at the plant. Effectively utilizes company maintenance programs to maximize plant up-time. Understands the value of quality and ensures processes are in place to provide a quality product to our customers. Utilizes best practices in processing to ensure product remains within specifications as it is received by our customers. Ensure optimal operation and maintenance of all fixed and mobile equipment.
- Operations Planning: Supervision and Coordination of raw materials to ensure a balance between cost optimization and meeting customer needs.
- Operations Analysis and Action Tracking: Work with the Plant Manager to establish effective action plans and continuously improve the operations. Uses available reports effectively to measure quality, identify variances and implement the corrective actions as agreed to by the Plant Manager.
- Plant Image: Maintains the plant in accordance with stated guidelines for plant image. Plant image includes housekeeping, parts storage, vehicles and equipment condition (cleanliness and appearance), entrance & property, and buildings.
- HR/Coaching & Mentoring: Fosters effective employee relations. Establishes a safe and productive work environment employees are proud to represent the company.
- Inventory Management: Closely manages inventory requirements at the site through frequent coordination with the Plant Manager. suppliers, performance and accounting.
- Performance Management: Assists in promoting a culture of performance. Works with the Plant Manager to implement effective action plans and continuously improve the operations.
- Quality: Understands the value of quality and ensures processes are in place to provide a quality product to our customers. Utilizes best practices of production and delivery.
- Capital: Assists in installation/construction of projects as required.
- Customer Focus: Interacts with customers in order to strengthen the business relationship and to insure that expectations for quality and quantity of material are met.
Education & Work Experience:
- Undergraduate degree preferred in construction management, engineering, or business but relevant experience will also be considered.
- 5+ years of work experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills – dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers
- Must be flexible and balance shifting priorities to meet deadlines
- Posses a general knowledge of construction and A&C products and a solid understanding of the market, competition and business opportunities
- Excellent leadership skills - must be able to motivate others and provide complete, direct and actionable feedback
- Posses a commitment to and willingness to devote great effort and time in order to reach goals
- Ability to make decision is a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete data and under tight deadlines and pressure
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and the desire to seek solutions
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Job-Specific Competency Profile:
- Business Acumen
- Driving for Results
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Timely Decision Making
Foundational Competency Profile:
- Customer Focus
- Ethics & Values
- Integrity & Trust
Please submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Keywords: Branch Manager, General Manager, Branch Supervisor, Buyer, Purchaser, Procurement, Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Officer, Accounting, Business Developer, Business Development, Account Manager, Inventory, Controller, Human Resources Manager, Employee Relations, Operations Manager, Operations Management, Office Manager, Office Management, Plant Manager, Plant Management, Ontario, ON, Brampton, Oakville, Etobicoke, Toronto, Halton Hills, Milton, North York, Woodbridge, Georgetown
Innocon - View All Jobs From Innocon
<p>Innocon is more than just a concrete company – we are a quality oriented, innovation driven solutions provider for your concrete needs. Throughout the years we have developed a strong reputation based on our consistent focus on quality and service. Excellent coverage from our ready-mix plants through out the Greater Toronto Area allows us to provide the highest level of service to all our customers.</p><br />
<p>Every day Innocon delivers concrete to hundreds of construction projects in the Greater Toronto Area, ranging from small house renovations to the biggest high-rise buildings in Canada. We have a team that takes time to understand the needs of our clients in order to provide the most cost effective solution. Our sales, quality and management teams interact with clients and contractors at every stage of the construction process, and our knowledge of the industry plays an important role in our product development.</p><br />
<p>We are dedicated to continuous innovation with the support of our joint owners Lafarge and Italcementi, both world leaders in construction materials, to bring our clients world-class concrete solutions. Our new concretes attain new levels of technical performance and anticipate changing industry requirements. Each new product is designed to be more effective in the construction process and help our clients achieve greater success.</p><br />
<p>Our core values include respect for people and respect for our environment. We hold ourselves to the highest Health and Safety standards, ensuring that our actions today do not limit the possibilities of future generations.</p>