||Junior Field Engineer Mississauga 138487|
Junior Field Engineer:
The Field Engineer is responsible for the reviewing of all engineering work on the project including drafting and design work for contractor designed systems such as access platforms, scaffolding, support systems, formwork, falsework, and protection systems. The Junior Field Engineer will also work independently and alongside the Project Supervisors and Project Manager to ensure that the Quality aspects of the project are maintained and scheduled accordingly.
Reporting to the Project Engineer and Quality Control Manager, this is an excellent position for a university graduate interested in an entry level position that will lead to advancement in the heavy civil construction industry.
- Design work related to wood, concrete and steel supports and structures
- Assist with in-house engineering and analysis
- Assist in shop drawing review for contract compliance
- Monitor construction of in-house engineering projects
- Monitor production rates and costing
- Provide assistance to the Project Supervisors
- Liaise with Owner/Owners representative/subcontractors
- Assist in schedule, control & review material delivery to and from site
- Review and assess quality aspects of production
- Maintain and monitor quality aspects of the project
- Assist in generating deliverables in accordance to the specified timeline.
- Assist in production of monthly pay certificates
- Assist in updating of the critical path schedule
- Assist in monitoring and reporting for the safety department
- Bachelors Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Ability to interpret/review/understand construction drawings
- Experience with CAD and survey equipment is an asset.
- Understanding of timber, steel and concrete design requirements and familiarity with design manuals such as the CHBDC
- Strong time management and prioritization capabilities
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of word and excel.
- Familiar with scheduling programs such as Microsoft project, Primavera, etc…
- Knowledge of material testing/sampling procedures.
- Knowledge of concrete testing/sampling procedures.
- Previous Construction experience is an asset.
- Class G driver’s license.
- Understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (“OHSA”).
Please submit your resume and cover letter today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, although only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Keywords: Civil Engineer, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineer, Construction Engineering, Ontario, ON, Brampton, Oakville, Etobicoke, Toronto, Halton Hills, Milton, North York, Woodbridge, Georgetown