||Regional Controller Regina 137097|
Reporting directly to the Corporate Controller, the Regional Controller will be an integral finance team member in the financial support of Regional office activities and the oversight of new and existing pharmacies. This individual will support day to day Regional office and pharmacy operations from a finance and accounting perspective. The incumbent is responsible for completing annual, quarterly and monthly financial statements, providing financial analyses & projections, and interpreting the implications of these findings directly on the business. The person will also offer support to the stores and communicate with various internal departments.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure strong/accurate accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations, efficiencies and profitability
- Manage day-to-day operation of accounting; journal entries, month-end & year-end close, bank reconciliation, cash control, audit and control, asset, tax and liability reconciliation, reconciles balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a period end and year end basis
- Analyze and reconcile a sub-set of expense accounts on a period basis, with variance to budget included
- Provide period and year end variance analysis to assist with consolidated reporting
- Prepare period end prepaid and accrual entries
- Oversees accounts payable and receivables processes
- Ensure account balances are supported by appropriate documentation
- Analyze financial data and market trends
- Analyze differences between actual and forecasted budgets for more efficient financial planning
- Prepare the annual operating plan for the Regional office, and support the preparation of the pharmacy annual operating plans
- Update business plans for actual results and work to reforecast the cash flow and projections
- Develop concise and easy to understand explanations of business results (both written and verbal)
- Develop and review documentation: store, reference, user and support
- Respond to information requests from internal customers
- Assist the stores with any questions related to accounting issues
- Ensures profitability measures are met and maintained
- Reviews and verifies journal entries for accuracy and approves changes
- Reviews and advises appropriate areas of accounting related contract matters
- Supports management in the formulation of new strategies and ventures
- Works together with pharmacy staff to standardize the accounting platforms for front store, pharmacy and general ledger functions including accounts receivable and accounts payable, chart of accounts and reports
- Supports efforts of head office and regional executives through preparation and analysis of ad-hoc reporting as required
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in Business or Accounting
- Completion of or in final stages of professional accounting designation program
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to complete monthly, quarterly and annual accounting cycles to produce quality financial statements and related reports.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare working paper packages to support financial statements and reports including reconciliations and variance analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business issues and prepare financial reporting on an ad-hoc basis to address questions that arise.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Good working knowledge of basic general ledger software such as Acc Pac, Simply Accounting, Quickbooks and similar software.
- Ability to implement and evaluate planned change.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to self-direct, interact, and adapt effectively with other professionals in complex, dynamic situations.
- Ability to transfer knowledge, teach, coach and mentor others.
- Ability to self-assess performance and assume responsibility and accountability for own professional development, educational or consultative assistance when appropriate.
- Is culturally competent and respectful of diversity (e.g., economic and social status, race, and First Nations people).
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization as Regional Controller, please submit your resume in confidence today!
Keywords: Purchaser, Inventory, Buyer, Purchasing, Buying, Accountant, Accounting, Financial Reporting, Accounting, Accountant, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Saskatchewan, SK, Pilot Butte, White City, Richardson, Balgonie, Lumsden, Lakeview, Moose Jaw, Bushnell Park, Indian Head, Fort QuAppelle, Weyburn