||Senior Vice President of Operations - Infrastructure Calgary 130873|
We have earned worldwide recognition as an expert in the promotion, development, construction and management of infrastructures and services. The group shows a lasting commitment to contributing to the development of the countries in which it has a presence by bringing about improvements in their well-being and sustainable growth through:
- The development of infrastructures, civil works, industrial installations, energy plants, telecommunications systems and waste water treatment plants;
- The provision of services for the purpose of the comprehensive management of urban, logistic and industrial infrastructures;
- Active participation in the sectors essential to the economic and social development of any developed country, such as infrastructures and energy.
Our company is looking for an experienced individual to fill the role of Senior Vice President, Operations - Eastern Canada. The individual will be responsible for strategic planning, market research, developing and managing clients; overseeing bidding processes for Canadian projects; and supervising a team of Project Managers in various offices across Eastern Canada. The individual will also be responsible for the execution of various awarded projects.
This is a full-time position at the Toronto office location with occasional travel to client sites and offices throughout Eastern Canada. Relocation to Toronto, Ontario would be necessary.
Main Responsibilities and Duties of the Position include:
- Directing, supervising, and leading our company in prequalification and bid submissions;
- Advising our senior management in the selection of construction and design partners for projects;
- Overseeing day-to-day project management of technical personnel during bidding phase;
- Reviewing subcontracts and pre-bid arrangements to ensure compliance with the company’s operational and technical requirements;
- Supervising all Project Managers assigned to project bids of his responsibility;
- Reviewing market research conducted to prepare proposals for potential clients;
- Reviewing market research conducted for the selection of designers and partners;
- Seeking out, developing, and nurturing business opportunities;
- Managing business relations with all parties involved in the region’s projects including clients, partners and subcontractors;
- Overseeing the development of project bids and reviewing bid before submission;
- Representing our company Canada when dealing with clients;
- Liaising with company executives to determine which projects to pursue and to establish bidding strategies;
- Together with the Local Management reviewing final bid documents prior to submission; and
- Reporting and ensuring all information requested is updated;
- Establishing and implementing operational, technical, commercial, financial and administrative controls on ongoing projects.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- Professional Engineering designation is considered an asset;
- 20 years of project management experience for large infrastructure projects;
- Experience working in the procurement phase for a major contractor;
- Strong understanding of project bidding processes, including RFPs and RFQs;
- Understanding of contract language and the legal requirements of contracts;
- French is an asset
The position offers a competitive salary with company paid group benefit medical and life insurance plans.
Keywords: Civil Engineer, Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technologist, Civil Engineering Tech, Engineer, Engineering, Project Planner, Project Manager, PPM, Project Specialist, Construction, Urban Planner, Economist, Logistics, Project Specialist, Infrastructure Engineer, Alberta, AB, Chestermere, Langdon, De Winton, Bragg Creek, Cochrane, Airdrie, Strathmore, Crossfield, Carstairs, Black Diamond, High River, Okotoks, Midnapore, Silver Springs, Canmore, Banff, Brooks, Drumheller