||Planer Supervisor - Sawmill Salmon Arm 128273|
Planer Supervisor needed for a sawmill in Fort St. James, BC.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planer activities of the sawmill equipment and the supervision of the Planer Department while providing professional service and ensuring a safe working environment.
The role is located in north central BC.
The role provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit plan.
- Demonstrate and promote an uncompromising focus on a safe working environment
- Provide superior leadership skills and increase levels of employee engagement
- Ensure quality of planer work performed
- Manage staffing/vacation scheduling
- Manage departmental budget
- Develop, plan and execute work plans within a team environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a sawmill environment in a supervisory role or equivalent
- Ideally a red seal tradesman/journeyman in maintenance eg. electrical, millwright, or equivalent mechanical skills experience
- Technical knowledge of sawmill planing systems is a definite asset
- Minimum secondary and/or post-secondary education preferred
- TQ/IP certification
- Good computer skills
- Familiarity with Work Safe regulations would be an asset
Please note that this position is based in Fort St James, BC.
Please submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
Keywords: Industrial Millwright, Maintenance Mechanic, Red Seal millwright, red seal journeyman, journeyperson, industrial electrician, millwright supervisor, maintenance mechanic supervisor, planer supervisors, planing supervisor, sawmill supervisor, heavy equipment supervisor, heavy equipment technician, heavy equipment maintenance, heavy equipment mechanic, British Columbia, BC, Chase, Kamloops, Vernon, Kelowna, Revelstoke, Enderby, Sorrento, Blind Bay, Sicamous, Armstrong, Winfield, Coldstream, Lumby,