||Manufacturing Methods Planner Toronto 127762|
Reports to: Operations Manager
Direct Reports: None
Location: Carleton Place, ON
The Methods Planner will determine how products will be manufactured utilizing in-house capabilities or outsourcing to meet customer requirements.
- Receive customer purchase orders, drawings, and related quoting information from Sales and prepare methods in Vista, and add relevant manufacturing information (eg. raw material, machine set-up and run times, customer requirements, pricing, subcontract directives, process notes, etc.).
- Solicit input from customer technical personnel, and Rose production and quality personnel as required.
- Prepare work instructions to successfully complete the manufacturing process in-house or utilizing alternative methods, and any assembly requirements.
- Optimize material sizes and lengths to suit part manufacturing and minimize costs.
- Monitor all manufacturing plans on an ongoing basis to make any corrections required due to customer changes (ECN’s), internal process changes, and subcontract changes.
- Conduct time studies and analyses to verify costing as compared to quote, and assist in developing and implementing cost reduction plans.
- Generate accurate process drawings, fixture drawings, and tool sheets to support the Programming team.
- Manage the CNC program files to ensure that only proven programs are properly identified and saved, with previous versions labelled and archived.
- Verify that all assemblies are properly kitted and help out assembly activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Interpret ‘Live’ schedule output to ensure methods are in place to support production requirements on time.
- High school diploma required. Prefer some college and a minimum of five years related experience and/or training.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment with similar materials and methods – aerospace preferred.
- In depth knowledge of machine tools, standard machining and/or fabrication practices, interpreting manufacturing and assembly drawings, experience in process improvement techniques, and safe working practices in a shop environment.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Able to work under moderate supervision in a manufacturing environment. Intermediate skills in MS Office products to include Word, Excel, ERP and MRP systems. Familiarity with computer networks and e-mail.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent team player, perseverant and have a good judgement.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, life insurance and RSP plan.
Our company manufactures precision-machined components and complex assemblies for aerospace, defence, resource, transportation and industrial customers. Our facility is very unique with 30 state-of-the-art CNC milling and turning centers in a climate-controlled environment.
We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity for challenging work in a clean, team-based, professional environment.
We are located in Carleton Place, on the outskirts of Ottawa. Enjoy the lower cost of living, security for your family, and small town atmosphere with access to city amenities!
Please submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
Keywords: Machining, Machine Tools, Patternmaker, Mold maker, Tool and Die Maker, Tool maker, manufacturing planning, manufacturing planner, manufacturer, Ontario, ON, York, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York, Mississauga, Brampton, Woodbridge, Oakville, Milton, Concord, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Pickering, Ajax, Oshawa, Newmarket, Georgetown, Hamilton, Burlington, GTA