||Laboratory Technician Fort Mcmurray 127218|
The Company’s Overview and Mission
We are an independent, Canadian consulting firm, wholly owned by its management staff. Established in 1978, the firm diversified and reorganized in 1983. The firm primarily serves the mining industry and the Athabasca Oils Sands region from its administrative office and concrete laboratory in Calgary and office, soils and concrete laboratory in Fort McMurray.
Our company is committed to achieving peerless safety and environmental benchmarks. We are responsible citizens who are driven by professional integrity and dedicated to extraordinary service. Every team member pledges to establish lasting relationships with our clients by exceeding contractual obligations, and trust through exceptional performance. We help the resource industry enhance their efficiency, accountability and environmentally friendly operations.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and well organized individual to join our dynamic team as a Laboratory Technician in our Fort McMurray location. This position is ideal for those who have excellent time management skills along with consistent work ethic that can be demonstrated on a daily basis while completing various sample testings. The hours for this position will be on a rotational, shift work basis of either five days on, two days off, or six days on, one day off. We provide the necessary training to ensure all practices and procedures are conducted to meet our high level of safety standards. If you exhibit great attention to detail, and enjoy working independently, this job is for you.
- Receive samples and perform different lab testing while accurately following the ASTM and CSA Standard procedures
- Must wear the appropriate PPE and observe safety procedures when performing the test
- Prior to each test, you must check the conditions of the weighing scales and testing apparatus
- Prepare the sample and perform the test following the ASTM or CSA Standard procedures
- Prepare COC for OWS sample and ask the PO Number from a company representative and drop off sample to ALS Lab
- Clean and organize the testing apparatus after each use
- Housekeeping duties before leaving the workplace (cleaning the working table, sweeping and mopping the floor)
- Ensure that testing is being performed safely and in a timely manner
- Calibrate Lab Equipment (Proctor machine, Sieves, Ovens, Scales and Molds)
- Preventive maintenance of lab equipment’s from time to time (cleaning, greasing, etc.)
- Pursuing a certificate or diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, Environmental or Geotechnical Sciences OR High School Diploma with equivalent field experience
- Knowledgeable in ASTM and CSA procedures is considered an asset
- Lab environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Working indoors
- Extended periods of standing/sitting
- Heavy lifting
Why Work for our company?
When you join our team you are part of a safe, respectful, fun and supporting group. We are committed to the safety of all our employees, and liaisons. We value our employees, that is why we make every effort to reward them with competitive compensation and benefits. Dependent upon the location and job accepted, we offer financial relocation assistance and temporary housing.
Please submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
Keywords: laboratory tech, lab technician, lab tech, civil engineering technologist, civil engineering tech, environmental lab technician, environmental laboratory technician, geotechnical lab technician, geotechnical lab tech, geotechnical laboratory technician, Alberta, AB, Beacon Hill, Gregoire, Slave Lake, Wood Buffalo