||Community Engagement Coordinator Toronto 117513|
Community Engagement Coordinator
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible contributing to the profile of our charity partners, in supporting education and revenue development through the promotion of programs, services, events and activities, and the engagement of donors, volunteers, and community partners through various internal and external communications activities.
The ideal candidate will be working collaboratively with all members of our organization and charity’s staff to develop and implement creative community engagement strategies. The Coordinator will help develop community partnerships by supporting education and revenue development including, but not limited to, event planning, marketing, sponsorship activation and community presentations. He or she have the opportunity to assist in a wide range of communication strategies and develop a number of publications and content, as well as maintain close relationships with key members of the media and community.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Possess a post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant discipline with a minimum of three years of experience in communications, preferably within the not-for-profit sector.
- Have demonstrated success in media/public relations and knowledge of the spectrum of marketing and communication methods.
- Have excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Proficient in a wide range of computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and are a collaborative team player, able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Have a high degree of initiative, self-motivation and integrity and are well-developed in time management and organizational skills.
- Adaptable with a willingness to be flexible, versatile and tolerant within changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
We are seeking talented individuals who embrace our core values of integrity, accountability, team work, innovation, and commitment to excellence.
If you are interested and qualified for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Keywords: public relations officer, marketer, communications officer,community engagement officer, Ontario, ON, York, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York, Mississauga, Brampton, Woodbridge, Oakville, Milton, Concord, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Pickering, Ajax, Oshawa, Newmarket, Georgetown, Hamilton, Burlington, GTA