||Human Resources Generalist Toronto 117233|
Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist supports the business by providing HR project support and expertise in the areas of Recruitment/Talent Management, Engagement and Team Member Relations. This role is responsible for the successful implementation of all people initiatives company-wide. This role provides guidance and support to Store Operations to ensure that the Company is in compliance with all legislative requirements including employment standards, human rights, health and safety, accessibility standards as well as business practices and standards.
- Supports the hiring and staffing needs of Stores, Support Center and Supply Chain.
- Coaches store management teams in recruitment best practices and effective recruiting techniques in keeping with legislative requirements and company policies.
- Supports the Head of HR with the recruitment and selection of the team for new stores
Orientation and Retention Initiatives
- Works with the Head of HR and HR Coordinator in implementing orientation and retention initiatives as a result of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring that the orientation program includes the most up to date and relevant information for new hires reflecting continuous improvement.
- Works in partnership with key stakeholders to ensure proper on boarding of all new hires in the stores, Store Support and Supply Chain.
Training & Development
- Facilitates HR related modules in the Department Manager Training Programs and works with the Head of HR on revisions of existing modules and design of new modules.
- Supports in the development of training documentation as a result of the continuous improvement implementation
Team Member Relations
- Provides coaching and guidance on performance management and employee development issues. Ensures performance appraisals are done on time.
- Provide guidance and support to Store Operations on team member relations issues and policy interpretations.
- Monitors and actively manages the absence reports to ensure the highest levels of productivity is maintained in the stores
Compensation and Performance
- Works collaboratively with Managers and participates in the development/draft of job descriptions for new/revised positions throughout the organization and provides insight into the impact of changes to compensation.
- Recognition Programs: Collaborates with Head of HR and internal team partners to ensure program management practices are established, information is shared and accessible to all staff.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis:Extracts data for submission for regional surveys. Prepares reports and performs analysis of data for use in HR planning. Performs auditing related to compensation practice compliance and accuracy.
- Performance Management: Participates in the planning, and implementation and evaluation of new/revised Performance Management practices/procedures. Monitors best practices in performance management and employee recognition programs and makes recommendations.
Implementation of Initiatives
- Supports with the facilitation of results and action plans of the 50 Best Employers in Canada survey in cooperation with Operations.
- Supports all HR and operational programs and people initiatives and initiatives to ensure successful implementation including: Training and education sessions, Compensation program, Benefits, Policy and Procedure roll outs, Health & Safety, New Legislation.
- Develops and maintains up-to-date project plans to ensure that all project milestones are met.
- Participates in post-implementation debrief sessions to drive efficiencies for future projects.
Policy and Legislative Implementation and Compliance
- Assists in the development and review of HR policies and procedures in preparation for compliance with the AODA legislation.
- Acts as a resource to Store Operations Management and team members regarding inquiries and problems relating to company policies and procedures.
- Assists with HR policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- 3 to 5 years Human Resources Generalist experience with a focus on employee relations and training and development, ideally in a multi-unit retail environment
- University and/or college education, preferably in a discipline related to Human Resources with CHRP in progress
- Solid knowledge of employment legislation, employee relations best practices, conducting investigations and other HR disciplines.
- Sound project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with Excel and Spreadsheets.
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow up skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional in maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Strong computer skills-Microsoft Office products and HRIS system experience
Please submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
Keywords: HR, Human resources generalist, HR generalist, human resources manager, HR manager, HR Specialist, Human Resources Specialist, HR Officer, Human Resources Officer, HR representative, HR rep, HR assistant, human resources representative, human resources rep, human resources assistant, Ontario, ON, York, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York, Mississauga, Brampton, Woodbridge, Oakville, Milton, Concord, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Pickering, Ajax, Oshawa, Newmarket, Georgetown, Hamilton, Burlington, GTA