||Senior Solar Design Engineer - Civil Engineer Brampton 114723|
||RMT Canada Construction, Inc.|
Prepare to learn about a different kind of construction company. We are dedicated exclusively to developing, engineering and building energy facilities. We have a large, experienced construction team that works seamlessly with our engineering staff during design and construction to meet each client’s project objectives. We are proud to build clean energy.
We are looking for a Senior Solar Design Engineer - Civil Engineer who will play a key role in developing our engineering team’s role in Canada’s solar industry. This is a groundbreaking and exciting opportunity to join a company with over 30 years of experience building and maintaining strong client relationships.
The Senior Solar Design Engineer researches, evaluates, develops and approves standards, practices and procedures. They perform design and engineering studies for highly complex systems, including solar PV projects. He or she is responsible for planning, directing and implementing advanced or complex improvement activities and initiatives. This person also researches, evaluates, develops and approves standards, practices and procedures.
- Applies in-depth skills and broad knowledge of the business to address unprecedented, technically complex problems and nonstandard situations
- Interprets internal/external forces in the marketplace and recommends best practices for changes in standards and procedures
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues and mitigates risks for the company through proactive and potential problem analysis.
- Drives for continuous improvement in all processes by identifying, developing, and driving implementation of innovative solutions to complex engineering problems as well as methods for improving cost control and efficiency.
- Leads cross functional teams on projects and in the development of engineering and design standards, guidelines and specifications. Design of solar sites and racking systems, post design and pile load testing, storm water management. Concrete foundation pad design a plus.
- Coordinates with CADD technicians to produce construction drawings
- Performs engineering studies and calculations of highly complex nature. Verifies and approves calculations for other engineers.
- Provides mentoring to other engineers and technical personnel; develops training and certification programs in their area of expertise; sets a positive example of professionalism for lesser experienced engineers
- All other duties as assigned
- BS or MS in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering or education equivalent to a four year degree in engineering from an accredited college or university
- Advanced technical degree or Professional Engineering License in Ontario is required, other provinces a plus.
- A minimum of ten eight years technical and/or professional experience, including a minimum one year of solar PV design
- Recognized as an expert internally and externally
- Leadership ability
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g., e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management) preferred
- Knowledge of economic theory and application of business planning process as applied to budgeting, utility economics, project tracking, engineering programs development and implementation, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical, mechanical, civil and/or structural theory as well as wind and solar systems design, testing and construction practices.
- Advanced level of knowledge pertaining to the operation, maintenance, testing, failure analysis and proper application of utility equipment such as large motors, switchgear, power transformers, breakers, protective relays, generators and exciters, steam systems, piping, boilers, turbines, pumps, valves, instrumentation, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with consultants, contractors, vendors and generating station personnel to deliver goods and services in a timely and professional manner.
- Must possess a valid drivers’ license
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment
Please submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
keywords: civil engineer, civil engineering, mechanical engineer, mechanical engineering, solar engineer, civil design engineer, mechanical design engineer, Ontario, ON, Toronto, Mississauga, Peel Region, Etobicoke, Vaughan, Concord, Woodbridge, Caledon, Orangeville, Georgetown, Guelph, Halton Hills