||Director of Operations Supply Chain / Pharmaceuticals Charlottetown 114673|
Our client is a prominent global manufacturer of high quality pharmaceuticals and diagnostics and is located in Prince Edward Island.
The company is looking to fill a key management role as “Director, Operations Supply Chain”.
The position of Director will provide direction and support to the manufacturing division for an operation that has a global mandate for its portfolio of products. The selected candidate will operate with high degree of autonomy and independence within the established plans and budgets. Responsibilities will encompass: strategic decisions on administrative matters, total accountabilities for all aspects of manufacturing, production, supply chain and related supporting areas and departments, including Manufacturing and Materials Management. Since the site supplies products to a global base, extensive experience with both manufacturing and supply chain experience is mandatory to fill this role.
- The company is part of a multinational organization, and thus some travel will be required, and the incumbent will report to Global Head of Operations and Supply Chain located in the USA.
- This is a great opportunity to be the head of your division and considerable opportunities for professional and personal growth.
- The chosen candidate will have full responsibility and accountability for all aspects of the manufacturing process, including:
- Performance of the specific site and its goals for growth and contributions to the organization as a whole, aimed at achieving its growth objectives through high quality, cost efficient manufacturing support.
- The selected candidate will be the “site head” with respect to the entire cycle of transformation of products from raw materials to finished goods.
- The Director will play a key role in: forming the tactics and strategic direction of the business, establishing and helping to maintain systems for manufacturing and materials planning
- Responsible for delivery of quality products on timely basis, including the selection and development of employees and providing appropriate performance feedback
- Ensure that the legal and ethical conduct of business and compliance systems such as ISO/QSR are maintained and supported.
- Identifying and establish the strategic direction for areas of responsibility
- Make plans for future growth, and integration with broad business objectives of the company.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Prior experience with liquids manufacturing, developing and implementing continuous improvement programs (such as Lean Manufacturing), timely introduction and technical transfer of new products, working with internal and external customers, all in full compliance with cGMPs, and conversion from a legacy ERM/MRP systems to a new system, are definite assets.
- The candidate that will fit this position is a very motivated, highly energetic and professional
- 10+ years proven effective management experience, and will be coming from a regulated field: pharmaceuticals / diagnostics / medical devices manufacturing arena
- Possess excellent knowledge of the shop-floor
- Have broad experience in the materials management field are highly desirable, as is a B.Sc. or B.Eng. degree in life-sciences.
- Direct experience with Project Management, strong writing, presentation and organizational platform (ERP/MRP) skills,
- Proven ability to effectively plan and conduct programs
- Ability to lead, coach, manage, motivate and influence
- Outstanding skills to interact and work with all functional areas and across all levels of the organization.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity please submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
Keywords: operations director, director of supply chain, supply chain director, director of manufacturing, manufacturing director, pharmaceutical supply chain director, Prince Edward Island, PE, PEI, Brighton, St. Avard’s, Queens Square, Mt Edward, Belvedere, Sherwood, Falconwood, Beach Grove, Stratford, Cornwall, Highfield, Stonepark, Hazelbrook