||Journeyman Automotive Technician Humboldt 113410|
We are a full service Ford dealership in Humboldt Saskatchewan. We sell new and certified pre-owned vehicles, auto parts and supplies. We also provide auto repairs and service.
We offer a hiring bonus to Certified Ford Specialty Auto Technicians ($500 per specialty). In addition our staff enjoy competitive wages, pension plan and a comprehensive benefits package. Journeyman earn $31-37 per hour.
The Hourly Wage range is $31-37 for Journeyman
Looking for quality living? Make the move to Humboldt where:
- You are only an hour away from Saskatoon
- Housing is affordable- own your own house for under $200,000
- Recreation opportunities are all around- sports complex, hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, golfing…
- The streets are safe and
- There are lots of employment opportunities.
Unleash the opportunity to earn a great income! This dealership group has loads of work and ample opportunity for a motivated technician. Choose between a 4 or 5 day, 40 hr. work week!
The Journeyman Automotive Technician inspects, maintains and repairs automobiles that run on gas, diesel and electricity. He/she executes basic care maintenance like tire rotations and oil changes, diagnosing complex problems and planning and executing vehicle repairs.
To make owning and operating a vehicle as trouble free as possible for our customers by:
- Diagnosing and repairing vehicles correctly the first time
- Recommending maintenance that will reduce downtime and increase vehicle longevity
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
- Test to check that vehicle systems and components are secure and are working properly.
- Isolate the systems or components that might have caused the problem.
- Drive the vehicle and/or use a variety of equipment, including hand-held and onboard compression gauges or diagnostic computers to aid in identify vehicle problems.
- Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing vehicles.
- Repair or replace worn parts before they cause breakdown or damage.
- Follow a checklist to ensure that each critical part of the vehicle is examined.
- Watch or inspect closely parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes and other possible troublesome items.
- Use power tools safely.
- Review work orders and discuss work with Service Manager
- Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicle, and test automotive systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems to operate correctly and efficiently.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications and tune ups.
- Advise customers on work performed, general vehicle condition and future repair requirements.
- Inspect and test mechanical units, such as engines, transmissions, axles and brake systems, to locate faults and malfunctions.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit.
- Complete reports to record problems identified and work completed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Automotive service technician Journeyman Certificate
- Ford Master Technician Certificate an asset (not required)
- 4 years of direct work experience in automotive repairs and service.
- Extensive knowledge of Ford automobiles and their service needs an asset (not required)
Please submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
Keywords: Automotive Mechanic, Auto Mechanic, Automotive Technician, Auto Tech, Shop Mechanic, Saskatchewan, SK, Saskatoon, Muenster, Colonsay, Meacham, Young, Viscount, Watrous, Manitou Beach, Prud'Homme, Lake Lenore, Saint Brieux, Melfort, Watson, Quill Lake, Wadena, Wynyard, Rose Valley