||Part Time Junior Administrative Assistant Toronto 113244|
We are a leading commercial property-casualty insurance provider serving the global corporate, large corporate, middle market, small business (not offered in Canada), specialty products and programs sectors. Behind this success is a culture of continuous improvement and a pride in excellence. With our global reach and cross-business connections, we can draw on the expertise of a worldwide network of our professionals and business partners.
Provides administrative support to an organization unit requiring broad experience, skills and knowledge of
organization policies and practices. Performs office management and general administrative functions for assigned
manager/area. Serves as first point of contact to department, providing professional assistance with the
appropriate sense of urgency.
Performs a variety of clerical and secretarial duties while under direct supervision. Composes correspondence,
corrects grammar, punctuation, and spelling, maintains and updates office supplies, compiles data for reports,
answers telephone calls, and makes appointments. Makes independent decisions within established guidelines
regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling of work. Uses various PC software packages such as spreadsheets,
word processing, graphics, etc., to produce high quality reports, presentations, or other documents. Provides
support for one to three professionals.
- Years of Experience: 2 Or More Years Of Related Experience
- Education Requirement: High School Diploma Or Equivalent
- Business or technical vocabulary and knowledge of company operations, organizational procedures, and staff.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Professional administrative experience in a multi-tasked, high-paced, confidential environment.
- AA degree and/or Certified Professional Secretary designation preferred.
- Serves as point of contact to department and demonstrates patience and assistance in a professional and
- appropriate manner.
- Provides information, handling questions, coordinating services, and channeling requests appropriately.
- Anticipates needs of manager/area.
- Handles general administrative functions relating to preparation of materials, scheduling and calendar
- management, coordination of services, and incoming and outgoing communication (phones, mail and e-mail, visitors).
- Organizes multiple priorities and tasks and manages time effectively to meet changing and challenging objectives.
- Monitors/orders supplies, coordinates space planning, maintains office equipment, distributes mail, ensures
- telephone coverage and tracks and reports attendance.
- Coordinates travel and facilities arrangements for meetings and workshops.
- Completes research and preparation of written materials, reports, presentations and exhibits.
- Administers programs, projects and /or processes specific to the operating unit served.
- Develops worksheets, prepares correspondence and develops presentations using computer technology.
- Coordinate mailing duties – Must be strong in Excel, Word and know how to Mail Merge. Mail Merge is Key in this role.
- Assist the Administrative Department and Supervisor.
- Part time - 3 hours a day/ 5 days a week
- One full year contract
- Opportunity for advancement
Keywords: Ontario, ON, York, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York, Mississauga, Brampton, Woodbridge, Oakville, Milton, Concord, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Pickering, Ajax, Oshawa, Newmarket, Georgetown, Hamilton, Burlington, GTA, Administrative Assistant, Admin Assistant, Executive Assistant, Receptionist, Secretary, Office Admin, Office Administrator, Data Entry, Office Coordinator, Office Co-ordinator, insurance billing, medical billing, insurance clerk,