||Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Calgary 112467|
Located in Pincher Creek, Alberta, we are currently seeking Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanics.
Work of this class involves the overhaul, repair and maintenance of all mechanical components of heavy commercial and industrial vehicles including mounted equipment and attachments, heavy construction and agricultural equipment, and stationary power units equipped with complex hydraulic systems and spark-ignition or diesel engines such as bulldozers, graders, cranes, backhoes, front end loaders, forklifts, heavy powered rollers and related heavy equipment.
Assignments are usually in the form of work orders and/or oral and written instructions. Incumbents may work under the direct supervision of the Superintendent or delegate, but generally work is performed independently with latitude for determining specific repair methods and diagnosis of defects. Work is performed in shops or field job sites as required, and is subject to inspection during progress and/or upon completion. An incumbent of this class may be assigned supervision over apprentices or helpers, as required.
- Inspects, diagnoses, repairs, replaces and tests all components of gasoline and diesel internal combustion engines, engine starting systems, and steering and braking systems
- Inspects, diagnoses, adjusts, repairs, replaces and tests all components of clutches, hydraulic couplings, transmissions, transfer cases and axle assemblies
- Inspects, repairs, and re-assembles suspension systems, frames, wheels and tracks
- Inspects, repairs or replaces equipment winches, power take-offs, pneumatic or hydraulic pumps, booms, cables, blades and buckets
- Inspects, repairs, overhauls and re-assembles electrical components such as alternators, distributors, starters, relays and solenoids, etc.
- Perform incidental welding operations on equipment
- Prepares work estimates of labour and parts costs; writes service reports
- Interprets technical manuals relating to manufacturer specifications and warranty requirements
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accident/injuries in a timely manner to supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting
- Keeps maintenance system records
- Performs other related duties as required
- Certified Alberta Journeyman in the trade of Heavy Duty Mechanic or Interprovincial Red Seal
- Minimum Class 5 valid Alberta Motor Vehicle Operators License. Class 3 with air preferred.
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certification is an Asset
- Knowledge of the theories and operating principles of spark-ignition and diesel engines, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and heavy duty, multi-speed power trains
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work of the trade
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions and to interpret technical manuals and specifications
- Skill in the use and care of a variety of hand and power tools and equipment of the trade
- Basic set of Heavy Duty Mechanic tools
We provide a competitive salary, benefits, and pension plan. Relocation assistance is negotiable based on qualifications.
About the Community
Say goodbye to long busy commutes, come live in one of our welcoming safe communities! Lower cost of living, access to primary and secondary schools, healthcare, and if you enjoy fishing, hiking, mountain biking, hunting, skiing… come work in Pincher Creek, AB.
If you qualify for this role, please apply now!
Keywords: Heavy Duty Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic, Journeyman Mechanic, skilled trades, Alberta, AB, Chestermere, Langdon, De Winton, Bragg Creek, Cochrane, Airdrie, Strathmore, Crossfield, Carstairs, Black Diamond, High River, Okotoks, Midnapore, Silver Springs, Canmore, Banff, Brooks, Drumheller