||Industrial Millwright Niagara Falls 112195|
The Millwright will be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment in the facility; will meet established schedules; will install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair various types of equipment such as motors, pumps, valves, controls, and other machines. This will be accomplished through the safe and effective use of hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools. Furthermore, the individual will ensure safe plant operations and a safe work environment will be maintained at all times.
Qualification and Position Requirements:
- Must be able to work independently to troubleshoot machine problems and devise solutions.
- Identify and correct any problems found in machines, equipment or processes in order to facilitate production.
- Maintain, repair and overhaul of plant production equipment, building and grounds.
- Provide quick response to trouble calls by shift supervisors and or operators/technicians.
- Assist Operating Engineers in maintenance of plant utilities.
- Perform preventive maintenance and improvements or modifications to production equipment.
- Support projects including working on a project team in the design, installation and commissioning.
- Maintain complete & accurate records of shift logs, maintenance inspections and meter readings.
- Ensure smooth, efficient communication to the next team at shift changes.
- Participates collaboratively in process improvement teams as required.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Must hold a valid provincial certification as an Industrial Millwright Mechanic Licence 443A.
- Must have 3 – 5 years proven practical experience performing as a mechanic in a fast paced, high volume production environment or similar.
- Strong verbal communication and teamwork skills. Must be able to communicate well with operators.
- Must be capable of working independently at a high level, dealing with contractors, other tradespersons, supervisors and line operators/technicians.
- PLC and controls knowledge would be an asset.
- Good use of computer programs is an asset.
Quality & Food Safety Skills:
- This individual will not come into contact with any product, lines or equipment not in compliance with food safety guidelines
- Ensures appropriate GMP apparel and procedures are being followed
Health and Safety:
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply
- Adherence with safety requirements and policies eg. Ensures lock out tag out policy adherence is enforced by self and others.
- Frequent twisting, bending, pulling, pushing, crouching, kneeling, walking and heavy lifting are required
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs overhead
- Ensure all procedures are in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Safety Committee programs and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
Communication, Cooperation & Continuous Improvement Skills:
- Ability to communicate, read and write in English.
- Knows and understands intermediate math skills
- Interacts and shares information with employees at all levels (Team members, Supervisors, Others). Participates collaboratively in work groups.
- Ensures ongoing communication with supervisory and/or maintenance staff in the event of equipment malfunctioning
- Actively finds new and improved ways of completing tasks. Is willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities
- Please note that the start times, scope and duties of this position may change periodically
- Must be able to work shifts based on a 24 hour/7 day a week operation
Depending on production requirements, employees may be assigned alternate duties.
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
Keywords: Industrial Millwright, Maintenance Mechanic, Red Seal, Ontario, ON, St. Catherines, Niagara-on-the-lake, Welland, Pelham, Fort Erie, Port Colborne, Lewiston, Allanburg, Thorold, Glenridge, Facer, Grantham, Port Weller, Grimsby, Hamilton, Burlington, Ancaster, Brantford, Port Dover