||Produce Department Manager Yellowknife 111151|
||Northwest Company |
We are looking for a Produce Department Manager!
This position is located in northern Canada, so you must be willing and able to relocate.
We are offering relocation assistance to the successful candidate!
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the Produce Department. The effective execution of selling activities that support our Value Offer in the Produce Department. The effective development of superior Produce Department staff capabilities. Within the Produce Department, the management of company assets, shrink, supplies, and management of our competitive position as it relates to local competition.
- Ensures customer service is the first priority and deals effectively with all complaints and requests.
- Responsible for crisping and trimming, wrapping and displaying produce in merchandise cases and produce tables.
- Ensures produce displays are per marketing plan-o-grams.
- Ensures produce prep area and merchandise cases and tables are clean and sanitary.
- Ensures department cleaning schedule is followed daily and weekly.
- Responsible for business segment inventories as assigned.
- Controls inventory level by ordering product weekly.
- Oversees the correct cost landing of all invoices and adjusts retail prices, etc. to maintain gross profit margins.
- Responsible for achieving budget sales and gross margin.
- Supervises and trains staff. Schedules staff as required.
- Ensures file maintenance is current.
Support and Benefits:
- MUST BE ABLE TO RELOCATE TO NORTHERN CANADA
- Minimum of 2 years related experience or a combination of experience
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a high attention to detail
- Proven organizational, planning and prioritizing skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team
- Must have the ability and desire to develop an in-depth understanding of our customers
- Demonstrates a personal and enthusiastic commitment to our vision, mission, values and strategies
- Highly motivated and adventurous with an appreciation for small town life in a culturally diverse setting considered an asset
- Management experience in a grocery store is considered an asset
- Almost cost free living
- Subsidized & Fully furnished housing
- Generous food allowance
- Paid Vacation travel
- Medical & Dental benefits
- Bonus and Profit sharing opportunities
- Relocation Assistance
- Ability to bank what you earn
- Spousal employment opportunities
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. This offer is complimented by an equal opportunity work environment.
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Keywords: retail, food industry, store, customer service, managers, fruit, vegetables, department manager, butcher, grocery store, department manager, Retail Store Manager, Retail Sales, Retail Management, Store Management, Store Manager, Northwest Territories, NT, NWT, Behchoko, Great Slave Lake