|>> Return to Job Search|
Quality Control / Safety Officer Toronto 110714
||Quality Control / Safety Officer Toronto 110714|
The QC/Safety Officer will be responsible for the continual improvement of the Corporate Quality Control Program and for the administration of the Health and Safety program.
- Coordinate, maintain standards and improve upon Quality Control program and manuals.
- Develop & establish methods of compliance and implementing any necessary improvements of quality within the company.
- Ensure appropriate procedures are in place for maintaining high standards of product quality.
- Responsible for conducting or ensuring completion of quality inspections of work in progress and at completion. Work with Supervisors to determine the most efficient methods of meeting quality, standards, research and come up with action plan for all emerging QC issues.
- Investigate and liaison with customer and suppliers on all non-conformance issues and develop procedures or checks to prevent recurrence
- Ensure all suppliers meet our QC requirements.
- Review and control applicable documentation, inspection forms and control filing system.
- Responsible for execution of Health and Safety policies and procedures. This includes the maintenance of all safety records as well as the upkeep of all files, hazard identification, assessment and control, noise management and respiratory health management.
- Schedule audits, advise management on findings and facilitate action planning for continuous improvement.
- Conduct safety training, education programs and new employee orientations.
- Perform inspections of the workplace and make sure that management and supervisors are conducting required inspections as well to ensure alignment with Alberta Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Ensure that proper accident reporting is conducted and develop action plans to address and follow up.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- A minimum of 3 years working knowledge in the field of Quality Control and of Safety.
- A related technical degree, diploma or trade certificate.
- Advanced knowledge of Quality Control procedures, record-keeping and systems.
- Able to interpret engineering specifications and weld symbols.
- Experience in incident investigation and hazard management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with supervisors and employees to facilitate the implementation of procedures. Must be able to handle sensitive and critical situations and issues.
- Work independently and self-reliant when completing tasks.
- Excellent computer skills are essential.
- CWB level 1 certification.
- CGSB Certification for Non Destructive Testing
Successful candidate should expect a fast paced work environment.
Salary Range: $26.00 to $32.00 per hour plus benefits - based on experience and qualifications.
Please note that this position is located in Medicine Hat, AB.
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
Keywords: Heath and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Coordinator, Health, Safety & Environment, HSE, Health and Safety Technician, Occupational Health and Safety, Quality control, QC, QA, quality assurance, QC manager, QA manager, safety manager, Ontario, ON, York, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York, Mississauga, Brampton, Woodbridge, Oakville, Milton, Concord, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Pickering, Ajax, Oshawa, Newmarket, Georgetown, Hamilton, Burlington, GTA
Hydraco - View All Jobs From Hydraco
Hydraco Industries is a thriving 100% Canadian owned company that has been serving the oil and gas industries equipment needs since 1985.
Hydraco was first established as a hydraulic equipment and repair center with its focus being to service all types of equipment. Throughout the years we evolved into a hydraulic and heavy truck repair facility catering to the oilfield.
Hydraco then made the move into fabrication of oilfield equipment dominated by the manufacturing of shallow gas coil tubing units. To help facilitate this new focus we had to expand our shop periodically from a small two bay shop to the 20,000 square foot facility we are currently operating from. Over the years Hydraco has evolved into a custom oilfield equipment manufacturer as well as a highly qualified service facility that is supported by a self-sustaining machine shop and a dedicated parts warehouse.
We are currently directing our main focus towards oilfield equipment manufacturing, hydraulic system design and repair as well as heavy truck inspection and repair
Technological expertise, meticulous design and experienced skilled people have helped Hydraco Industries maintain the highest standard of service to all of its customers.
Hydraco's dedication to customer satisfaction and after sales service has made us the company we are today.