||Help Desk Technician Cochrane 110452|
Who we are
We area proudly Canadian company with over fourteen locations serving the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin and we are 100% employee-owned. We have been listed as one of Canada's Best Managed companies five years in a row and was honoured as the 2013 Contractor of the Year. We offer four pillars of service in the energy construction industry: project construction, module assembly and fabrication, electrical and instrumentation, and maintenance.
We demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us
We encourage and support professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, incentive plans, recognition and service awards, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the team that makes those communities thrive.
Calgary is consistently ranked as having one of the highest qualities of living in the world. Its citizens earn the highest wages in the country and its economic and industrial growth continues to climb. Calgary has over 10,000 hectares of parkland, the longest urban pathway system in the world, and close proximity to the Rocky Mountains. The bulk of Calgary's population is made up of young professionals, and it is listed as the top city in which to raise a family.
The help desk technician is responsible for timely and effective resolutions to end-user productivity issues as they relate to IT-serviced computer operations. Responsibilities include question/problem diagnoses, end-user assistance with resolutions, communicating technical solutions in user-friendly manner, conducting end-user training when necessary and recording/tracking all calls, tickets, and work orders.
- Investigate issue and determine appropriate course of action; implement subsequent guides or policies.
- Provide one-to-one end-user support and problem resolution via phone, email, and other lines of communication.
- Resolve end-user IT issues such as password reset, software questions, PC hardware problems, Internet connectivity, configuration, etc.
- Repair IT equipment covered by third party vendor maintenance agreements, in a timely fashion.
- Identify trends and trouble spots, and anticipate maintenance and repairs.
- Relative diploma or bachelorÂ’s degree is preferred
- CompTIA A+/Network+ or MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certification is preferred
- Two years direct work experience in a help desk support capacity
- Capable of diagnosing problems, performing repairs on IT assets, and providing support for a wide range of applications
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
Please submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
Keywords: Alberta, AB, Chestermere, Langdon, De Winton, Bragg Creek, Cochrane, Airdrie, Strathmore, Crossfield, Carstairs, Black Diamond, High River, Okotoks, Midnapore, Silver Springs, Canmore, Banff, Brooks, Drumheller, Technical Support, Tech support, Help Desk, Application Support, IT Support, IT Help, Computer Repair, Laptop repair, Software Support,