||Senior Auditor Winnipeg 110395|
We generate more than just electricity for Saskatchewan residents. We also offer some of the best career opportunities in the province. There’s never been a better time to join our growing team. Challenging careers, competitive salaries, attractive benefits, professional development, career advancement opportunities and the chance to become involved in your community await you.
The Senior Auditor is accountable to the Internal Auditor, Corporate & Financial Services, for development and administration of the organization's program of independent audit as part of the system of improving the competitiveness of the Corporation's business units and protecting the interests and resources of the Corporation and its subsidiaries. All major processes and systems within the Corporation - including financial; customer service; environmental; human resources; managerial; and operating processes - are reviewed from the perspective of economy, efficiency, effectiveness and control.
- Assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive, practical program of audit coverage throughout the Corporation and its subsidiaries of the identified processes and the attendant controls, particularly from the perspective of economy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in identifying and flow-charting the major processes throughout the Corporation.
- Plan and manage specific audit assignments, including delegating and assigning tasks as required, to ensure achievement of department objectives.
- Develop audit programs to execute and perform audits.
- Provide a service to the business units in identifying opportunities for improving the awareness of business planning and risk management.
- Evaluate the identified processes and related management controls as to their economy, efficiency, effectiveness and controls and express an opinion thereon.
- Assist in the introduction of management self assessment and best practice techniques throughout the Corporation such that management can monitor and evaluate their progress in implementing economy, efficiency, effectiveness and control measures.
- Assist business units in cost containment and other efforts to remain competitive.
- Identify and investigate potential errors or weaknesses which might result in significant financial loss, potential defalcations, inefficiency, or embarrassment for the Corporation.
- Communicate (written and oral) with all levels of management, prior to, during, and subsequent to undertaking audit assignments.
- Exercise sound judgment and objectivity in the completion of assignments, and in anticipating and responding to situations, on a proactive basis.
- Respond to unscheduled or ad hoc requests for information or assistance of an audit or management advisory nature and implement as directed.
- Direct implementation of environmental programs and special audit assignments.
- Other related/assigned duties.
- University degree in commerce or administration.
- Professional auditing or accounting designation.
- Progressive experience in internal auditing, management, computer science and finance.
- Several years experience at least five (5) of which should be in conducting complex and advanced operational audits in the electric utility industry.
- University degree in engineering or a technical diploma.
- Several years progressive experience in electric utility operations.
- Experience or interest in the critical appraisal of management and operating processes.
- Good understanding of electric utility operations and the related potential risks and exposures.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Effective team leadership and project management ability.
- Demonstrated skill in our company's Competencies.
- Must have a continuing record of professional development.
A suitable combination of relevant education and experience may also be considered.
Please note that this position is located in Regina, SK.
All qualified candidates are invited to apply.
Keywords: auditing, auditors, CA, CGA, Chartered Accountant, engineering technologist, Manitoba, MB, Headingley, Assiniboia, Stonewall, Stony Mountain, Oakbank, Lorette, Landmark, Selkirk, Niverville, Ste. Anne, Steinbach, Portage la Prairie, Carman, Beausejour, Lac du Bonnet, Morden, Winkler