||Registered Practical Nurse Cornwall 110341|
||Cornwall Community Hospital|
Registered Practical Nurse (Part-Time – 3 positions)
Location: Cornwall, Ontario
As part of our Hospital you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to provide, facilitate and enable safe, high quality health services by living our values of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and engagement.
Under the general direction of the Coordinator of Community Withdrawal Management Services and as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, the Registered Practical Nurse provides exemplary withdrawal management and early recovery care to clients who are accessing services at our Hospital and functions as a member of the CWM services within scope of practice. The incumbent provides/administers nursing care to patients according to policies, procedures and to the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and our practice standards.
The community withdrawal service delivery models calls for the incumbent to be competent in all components of the model: day withdrawal group education, day withdrawal monitoring of clients in cots, providing service to clients in their home and working in the emergency department as part of a multi-discipline team.
The incumbent will implement Ministry Admission and Discharge criteria for the purposes of providing appropriate and safe services. In addition administers the Ontario Standardized Assessment Package for addiction clients as needed and prepare individual treatment care plan including a continuous treatment strategy. The incumbent is also responsible for providing education to the community service members as well as periodically reviewing, modifying or developing programs as per the needs of the target population. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for soliciting and marketing the service in order to meet outcome measurement targets.
- Community College RPN program, minimum 2 years
- Certificate of registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Meets standards of nursing practices for RPN
- Minimum one-year work experience providing addictions and/or mental health counselling or treatment services to youth and adults 16 years of age and older in a community setting.
- Ability to liaise and consult with a variety of other community based addiction & mental health services
- In-depth knowledge of Addictions and Mental Illnesses from a medical and bio-psychosocial perspective
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Committed to living the Mission and Values of the Hospital
- Demonstrated regular, punctual attendance
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Holds RPN medication administration certification and proven knowledge of psychotropic medications
- Functional level in both official languages (oral and written in English, oral in French – and testing completed) for two positions
- Functional level in in English, oral and written for one position
- Proven ability of group and one on one counselling skills
- Certified in Non Violent Crisis Intervention, Suicide Prevention and First Aid
- Certified in Motivational Interviewing
- Working Knowledge of Catalyst database
- Working Knowledge of the ADAT assessment tool
- Clinical competencies as related to the client population served in the program
- Certificate in Psychiatric Nursing for Registered Practical Nurses
- Membership in RPNAO
Position Key Competencies
- Superior interpersonal organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to change
- Excellent client assessment, critical thinking, communication (oral and written), and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop, implement, evaluate and adapt a therapeutic care plan
SALARY: $26.84 - $27.72 per hour.
HOURS: Scheduled and called in as required.
All qualified candidates are invited to apply for this position.
In the event the Hospital is not successful in finding a candidate who meets all requirements, other candidates may be considered.
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Keywords: RPN, registered practical nurses, Ontario, ON, Williamstown, Stormont, Long Sault, Lancaster, Alexandria, Winchester, Kemptville, Hawkesbury, Gatineau, Ottawa, Napean, Barrhaven