|>> Return to Job Search|
District Manager-Eastern Ontario Mississauga 110151
||District Manager-Eastern Ontario Mississauga 110151|
DISTRICT MANAGER – EASTERN ONTARIO
Talize is the ultimate Thrift Experience! We offer customers exceptional product and value for their dollar. And our customers return the favour, with every item purchased or donated helping to support the Children's Wish Foundation. Talk about a win-win. Talize is your fashion, home and beauty needs destination. An urban space filled with incredible reads and impressive savings. One-of-a-kind and exactly what you were looking for discover it all for less. Like new and all you. With six stores in Western Ontario and growing we’re seeking leaders that have an entrepreneur spirit, passionate about their work, thrive on customer service and developing pipeline talent.
The District Manager position is one of the most important roles at Talize. As part of our leadership team you are directly responsible for maintaining and operating a Company-owned retail facility in a safe, customer focused and profitable manner. You will create a store culture that is participatory, positive, and high performing engaged employees. You will create the Talize Thrift Experience.
- Understand and support store operations, policies and procedures
- To identify under-performing stores and develop a business plan to address and manage issues effectively
- To liaise with the Buying and Merchandising teams regarding the supply of stock in the Area to maximize stock potential
- To ensure that the visual presentation of all stores represents the brand image
- To encourage managers to seek and continuously develop knowledge of competitor activity and local market conditions, with the purpose of making appropriate and innovative recommendations to drive the business forward
- To recruit and ensure the full implementation of induction programs for new store managers and monitor ongoing performance needs
- To plan for succession in the Area through the identification of individuals with potential for development and growth
- Highly organized with the ability to adapt quickly to strategic change
- Utilize all processes and systems to maximize efficiency of your business and enhance the customer experience
- Manage sales and expenses to optimize results
- Prepare and/or oversee preparation of necessary reports and paperwork
- Maintain Talize image and standards
- Prepare on-going and timely performance appraisals for District Manager approval for all employees, providing proper performance based feedback
- Support company maintenance standards to optimize asset life
- Analyze daily sales and expense information and perform all other financial analysis to maximize sales and net profits
- Accepts ownership, is accountable and delivers on commitments
- Encourages teamwork
- Supports company mission, values and core competencies.
- Responsibility, Innovation and Teamwork
- Ability to develop people and strengthen our pipeline talent
- Able to work with minimum direction and supervision
- College or University Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Sales, Merchandising, Finance.
- 5-10 years retail experience, in a previous retail management role.
- Experience an asset
- Understanding of store operations, financials, merchandising and sales.
- Must be organized with attention to detail and proven follow-up skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated management skills to include; coaching, training, recruiting and communication.
- Excellent computer skills, including PowerPoint, excel, Outlook Email, MS Office, etc.
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume with subject heading “DISTRICT MANAGER”. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
Talize - View All Jobs From Talize
Talize is the ultimate Thrift Experience! We offer customers exceptional product and value for their dollar. And our customers return the favour, with every item purchased or donated helping to support the Children's Wish Foundation. Talk about a win-win. Talize is your fashion, home and beauty needs destination. An urban space filled with incredible reads and impressive savings. One-of-a-kind and exactly what you were looking for discover it all for less. Like new and all you. With six stores in Western Ontario and growing we’re seeking employees that have an Entrepreneurial spirit, passionate about their work, and thrive on customer service.