|>> Return to Job Search|
Grocery Store Supervisor Yellowknife 108441
||Grocery Store Supervisor Yellowknife 108441|
||Northwest Company |
We are looking for Grocery Store Supervisors!
While we are advertising in Yellowknife, these positions are located across northern Canada, so you must be willing and able to relocate.
Relocation assistance is available to successful candidates!
We have a rich enterprising legacy as one of the longest continuing retail enterprises in the world, with many of our stores in northern Canada and Alaska having continuously served their communities for over 340 years. The longevity and continuity of our business can be attributed to our core principles of personal balance, trust, accountability, enterprise, passion and customer driven. Our core strengths center on our ability to adapt our product mix to each market we serve; our logistics expertise in moving product to, and operating stores within, remote or difficult to serve locations; our knowledge in serving indigenous and lower-income customers and our ability to apply these strengths to serve customers within complementary niche markets. We operate over 140 stores.
- Reporting to the Grocery Manager, the Grocery Supervisor will assist in the daily operation of the Grocery department
- Ensure appropriate merchandise is ordered and properly presented to maximize sales and profits
- Ensure merchandise is priced correctly
- Control labour and overhead costs Ensure appropriate inventory levels to maximize sales, inventory turns and return on investment
- Opportunistically drive sales through promotional offerings
- Monitor the level of customer service and satisfaction within the department and take action as required to address issues
- Key member of management team supporting the rest of the store management group
- MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO NORTHERN CANADA
- Minimum of 2 years related experience or a combination of experience and related education
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a high attention to detail
- Proven organizational, planning and prioritizing skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team
- Must have the ability and desire to develop an in-depth understanding of our customers
- Demonstrates a personal and enthusiastic commitment to our vision, mission, values and strategies
- Highly motivated and adventurous with an appreciation for small town life in a culturally diverse setting considered an asset
Support and Benefits:
- Almost Cost Free Living
- Subsidized and Fully Furnished Housing
- Generous Food Allowance
- Paid Vacation Travel
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Bonus and Profit Sharing Opportunities
- Relocation Assistance
- Ability to Bank What You Earn
- Competitive Salaries
- Spousal employment opportunities
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. This offer is complimented by an equal opportunity work environment.
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Keywords: retail, food industry, store, customer service, managers, department supervisor, butcher, grocery store, department manager, Retail Store supervisor, Retail Sales, Retail Management, Store supervisor, Northwest Territories, NT, NWT, Behchoko, Great Slave Lake
Northwest Company - View All Jobs From Northwest Company
- The North West Company is a leading retailer to underserved rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs.
North West’s core strengths include: our ability to adapt our product mix to each market we serve; our logistics expertise in moving product to, and operating stores within, remote or difficult-to-reach locations; our knowledge in serving indigenous and lower-income customers; and our ability to apply these strengths to serve customers within complementary niche businesses.
North West has a rich enterprising legacy as one of the longest continuing retail enterprises in the world. The company traces its roots back to 1668 with many of our store locations in Northern Canada and Alaska having been in operation for over 200 years. Today these northern stores serve communities with populations from 500 to 8,000. A typical store is 7,500 square feet in size and offers food, family apparel, housewares, appliances, outdoor products and services such as post offices, income tax return preparation, quick-service prepared food, commercial business sales, money transfers and cheque cashing.
Growth at North West has come from market share expansion within existing locations and from applying our expertise and infrastructure to new markets and complementary businesses. The latter includes wholesaling to independent stores, opening Giant Tiger junior discount stores in rural communities and urban neighbourhoods in Western Canada, and our late 2007 acquisition of Cost-U-Less, Inc. (CUL), a chain of mid-sized warehouse format stores serving the South Pacific islands and the Caribbean.
A key strength and ongoing strategy of North West is to adapt to unique local lifestyles, cultures and selling opportunities better than our competition. Store development flexibility, store management selection and learning programs, store-level merchandise ordering, community relations and profit-sharing incentive plans are all ingredients of the model we have built to support this leading market position. We believe that continued, efficient enhancement of our execution skills in general and our localization skills specifically, are essential components in effectively meeting the customer needs within each market we serve.