|>> Return to Job Search|
Sawmill Operations Manager Nairn Centre 107976
||Sawmill Operations Manager Nairn Centre 107976|
||Eacom Timber Corporation|
We are now looking to hire a Mill Manager for our Nairn Centre, ON location. Reporting to the VP – Ontario Operations, you will be responsible for managing mill operations (Sawmill and Planer mill) with the main focus on production and cost controls. You will be expected to maintain and improve the competitiveness and profitability of the operations. The position will provide leadership to drive continuous improvement in process reliability, product quality, operating cost and asset readiness, and will be responsible for ensuring the facility meets company expectations for production scheduling, inventory control, operating rate, fiber recovery, and facility financial performance. This position will ensure a consistently high level of performance in the areas of managing the facility.
- Have post secondary education in Forestry, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Possess 5 to 7 years experience in a similar position or 7 to 10 years in the Sawmill industry in various positions.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate the team to meet the company expectations.
- Is flexible and adaptable to a variety of work environments and situations.
- Familiarity with OHSA legislation and environmental compliance requirements
- Excels in time management skills and the delegation of tasks
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English; French is an asset.
If you're interested in this position, please apply now!
- Full benefits package: dental, life insurance, etc.
- Pension plan
- Excellent pay
Please note only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Sawmill, Pulpmill, saw mill, production manager, operations management, production supervisor, Lumber, manager, planer, budget, leader, manufacturing, financial, sawmill operations, fbm, production, superintendent, mill supervisor, milling manager, milling supervisor,Ontario, ON, Espanola, Whitefish, Walden, Massey, Sudbury, Copper Cliff, Coniston,
Eacom Timber Corporation - View All Jobs From Eacom Timber Corporation
EACOM Timber Corporation ("EACOM") is a global timber company formed in 2008. Its head office is located in Montreal, Quebec, with regional offices located in Timmins, Ontario and Val d'Or, Quebec.
EACOM is one of the major producers in the Eastern Canadian timber industry. Operations include the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of lumber and wood-based value-added products, and the management of forest resources. EACOM currently owns eight sawmills in Ontario and Quebec, one remanufacturing facility and a partnership operation. It has a production capacity of approximately 900 million board feet of lumber and holds Crown logging rights of approximately 3.5 million cubic meters annually.
Our mission is to optimize the Canadian forestland through certified and sustainable forest management practices that will ensure a lasting supply of wood for future generations.