||Director of Hospital Capital and Property Management Winnipeg 107606|
Our client a well established Winnipeg Hospital, has been providing leadership in health care on behalf of Manitobans since it was first established by the Grey Nuns in 1871. From these humble beginnings they have grown to become one of Canada's leading patient care and research facilities, establishing a reputation for leadership in the process.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, Support Services, and while demonstrating a commitment to the Mission, Values and Management Philosophy of our client, the Director of Hospital Capital and Property Management will direct and lead all capital planning and property management operations, including responsibility for Energy Centre, Protection Services and Security. He/she will: serve as a member of the hospital’s Leadership Team and will lead special projects and Lean Transformation Initiatives; participate in management planning related to hospital-wide strategic and operational activities; and participate on appropriate Hospital-wide and external committees and professional associations.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Lean principles and processes, and a positive track record for fiscal accountability.
Education & Experience
- Post secondary degree in Engineering or other field related to the primary responsibilities (e.g. Business Administration, Architecture).
- Graduate level education in Management (Health, Public or Business Administration) preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of job-related experience with at least 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of planning concepts related to budgeting, staffing and strategic initiatives.
- Sound knowledge in corrective and preventive maintenance procedures, building codes, construction practises and security.
- Strong leadership skills in support of the organization’s corporate mission and values.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and problem solving skills.
- Strong teamwork and team leadership skills to interact and work effectively with various levels of staff, both internal and external to the organization.
- An ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with different departments, external agencies and stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, budgeting, negotiating and time management skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual abilities.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic and operational plans.
- A commitment to continuous improvement, excellent customer service and quality.
- Honesty, integrity, and decisiveness.
- A can do attitude and approach to decision-making.
- An ability to adapt readily to changing environments and respond with initiative.
- A high level of energy, self-motivation, and drive.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization as Director of Hospital Capital and Property Management please submit your resume in confidence ASAP!
Keywords: Manitoba, MB, Headingley, Assiniboia, Stonewall, Stony Mountain, Oakbank, Lorette, Landmark, Selkirk, Niverville, Ste. Anne, Steinbach, Portage la Prairie, Carman, Beausejour, Lac du Bonnet, Morden, Winkler, facility management, facility manager, FM, property manager, power plant director, property director, facility director, facilities management, facilities director, Manitoba, MB, Headingley, Assiniboia, Stonewall, Stony Mountain, Oakbank, Lorette, Landmark, Selkirk, Niverville, Ste. Anne, Steinbach, Portage la Prairie, Carman, Beausejour, Lac du Bonnet, Morden, Winkler