||Senior IT Systems Administrator / Architect Toronto 107229|
The Senior Systems Administrator / Architect is an IT Infrastructure position focused on the stability, integrity and efficient operation of server, network and storage solutions. Primary responsibilities revolve around the design, development, implementation and support of technology used in Operations and Support Services systems.
Secondary responsibilities include operational support of Corporate IT services. This is a permanent position reporting to the Director and is located at the company’s head office in Toronto, Ontario.
We are looking for a business-minded IT professional who can lead and grow their department. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in leadership roles in business development, IT, and / or sales.
Salary is reflective of the experience required for this position, and is $125,000 / year.
- Liaise, consult and coordinate with departments, partners and integrators as a subject matter expert for technology research, solution design, planning, testing and delivery of in-building systems including: Base Building Networks, Closed Circuit Television surveillance, Access Control Management, Public Address, Way Finding, Traffic Counters, WiFi networks and others as required.
- Coordinate and control services from integrators, value added resellers, manufacturers and colleagues to maintain regular programs for system patching, upgrades and enhancements.
- Work closely with other members of the senior team, contribute to the operations of enterprise server, infrastructure (Wide, Local and Metro area networks) and Storage systems.
- Coordinate resources and provide technical expertise as a point of escalation to diagnose and resolve incidents and problems.
- Develop, deliver and maintain documentation pertaining to training, administration, end user support and technical management.
- Report on operations using functional audits and performance monitoring.
- Create and maintain service catalogues, inventory, diagrams, specifications and configuration item data in document repositories and the computer management database.
- Be required for occasional evening and weekend support and maintenance work.
- Be available for periodic, international travel.
- Work closely with vendors and be comfortable working as a professional in the field.
- Negotiate and manage contracts.
- Minimum eight (8) years of intermediate to senior work experience as a Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer, Systems Architect, and / or Sales and Business related position
- IT consulting, sales and/or management experience is an asset for this role
- Certifications needed include: CCNA or BCNE, MCSE.
- Must be professional and able to work in a business environment
- Must be able to present in a professional manner
- Proven experience following established standards, including: BICSI, ITIL v3, PMI. Certifications an asset.
- Working technical knowledge of scripting languages (Power Shell, Google Apps Script).
- Familiarity with Storage Area Networking (HDS) and Direct Attached Storage Arrays (HP, Dell, NEC).
- Working knowledge of platforms, including: MS Windows 2003/2008, Hyper-V, and Linux variants.
- Experience with network management, monitoring and operations tools, including: BMC, OpenNMS, HP Insight Manager, Splunk, Brocade Network Advisor, Microsoft Active Directory, Bradford Network Sentry, Microsoft System Center
- End user experience with BMC Remedy, supporting change management procedures.
- Working knowledge of current hardware, protocols, and standards, including:
- Brocade / Foundry, Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, HP Proliant, C Class Blade enclosures, HP Virtual Connect, HP Flex 10, APC Data Centre Solutions (HVAC, UPS, Rack Systems) - Manufacturer Certifications an asset
- TCP/IP, ICA/HDX, BGP, OSPF
- Affluent abilities with core applications, including MS Office, Google Apps, Visio, MS Project.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply today!
Keywords: IT systems engineer, IT systems architect, systems architect, IT systems manager, systems manager, engineer, engineering, Cisco Certified Network Associate, Brocade Certified Network Engineer, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, System Administrator, Systems Administrator, Systems Administration, System Administration, Windows Server, IT, VMware, systems admin, Ontario, ON, York, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York, Mississauga, Brampton, Woodbridge, Oakville, Milton, Concord, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Pickering, Ajax, Oshawa, Newmarket, Georgetown, Hamilton, Burlington, GTA