|>> Return to Job Search|
Construction Manager Calgary 107156
||Construction Manager Calgary 107156|
||The Cana Group Of Companies|
We are presently looking for a CONSTRUCTION MANAGER.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES: The Construction Manager is responsible for the planning, organization, business and contractual side of a project and overall delivery of the project on time, on budget, on scope to the satisfaction of the owner. He/she is responsible for insuring that the administration of the contract as well as the subcontracts is done as efficiently as possible with an eye to profit enhancement wherever possible. He/she is the front line company contact with consultants and the Owner, and is therefore responsible for promoting and projecting the company image of efficiency, quality, and technical competence and fair but firm treatment of trades and suppliers.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for the position. Incumbents may be required to perform any other related duties as may be requested by their supervisor/manager.
To effectively complete the responsibilities of this position, the candidate must be able to complete the following:
- Lead and participate in delivery of our company Safety program and site specific safe work procedures.
- Ensure that all contractual obligations of the project are understood and met by all parties.
- Participate in development of initial estimating, planning, schedules, tendering, cost summary and reporting formats
- Obtain and assist in providing pre-construction services including pre-qualification estimating, value engineering, and scheduling to the project team when required.
- Work with the Project Superintendent and administration to ensure that project estimates, budgets and costs are properly understood, monitored, controlled, and reported.
- Work with the Project Superintendent to plan the execution of the project. Prepare, review, and distribute the detailed project schedule. Ensure monitoring, review, and control procedures are in place that includes all members of the team including subtrades.
- Ensure that the necessary personnel and procedures are in place to receive, price, submit, approve, and document contract changes and ensure that all subcontractors and the project superintendent are aware of all changes to the contract.
- Direct, monitor, support and train as required project administration and management staff required to run the project.
- Prepare and submit all progress claims. Assist the accounting department in follow-up and collection of payments.
- Chair the Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings and ensure that minutes are prepared and distributed in a timely fashion.
- Establish a quality control program for the project and define roles, responsibilities and procedures for meeting quality requirements.
- Ensure that shop drawings, samples, mock ups, etc. are submitted to the consultants for their review and are returned to our company for distribution in an expeditious manner. Prepare schedules for submission of these items when required.
- Conduct weekly project meetings on site to discuss progress of the project and document required action and follow-up.
- Ensure that all backcharges to subcontractors and contract delays or disputes are properly documented and invoiced.
- Be available to assist the Senior Management in the preparation of construction management submissions, project budgets, or contract negotiations. Assist in the company marketing effort where appropriate and as directed.
- Ensure that project close-out requirements, as-built drawings and manual requirements are being met.
- Assist in tender closings as required by the Senior Preconstruction Manager.
- Ensure that the company Corporate Safety & Loss Prevention manual and policies are properly applied and administered on the project
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, engineering or technical trade certificate
- Range of 4-10 years experience in a related field
We offer a comprehensive and competitive wage and benefits package including a portable RSP fund.
Please submit your resume today for consideration.
Keywords: Construction Manager, Construction Management, Civil Engineer, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineer, Engineering Technologist, CET, Alberta, AB, Chestermere, Langdon, De Winton, Bragg Creek, Cochrane, Airdrie, Strathmore, Crossfield, Carstairs, Black Diamond, High River, Okotoks, Midnapore, Silver Springs, Canmore, Banff, Brooks, Drumheller
The Cana Group Of Companies - View All Jobs From The Cana Group Of Companies
ACE is one of the most progressive utility contractors in Alberta, with over 50 years of service in the industry. ACE Construction is very diversified, dealing with all aspects of overhead and underground power line design and construction, installation of fibre optics, traffic intersections, street light, telecommunications, and cable television.