||Chemical Technologist Mississauga 107062|
We are now hiring a Chemical Technologist for our Mississauga location.
- Operates chemical process and material handling equipment to carry out plant production operations.
- Performs maintenance procedures to effect process changeovers.
- Executes basic analytical and characterization procedures such as pH
- Conductivity particle shape and morphology determination and solids/moisture content etc.
- Collects and reports equipment and process data.
- Performs housekeeping activities as required.
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts. Shifts include:
- 2 Day Shifts
- 2 Night Shifts
- 4 Days Off (Repeat)
- Ability to read and interpret operating instructions for manufacturing and test procedures.
- Knowledge of chemical mechanical and physical processes and the ability to trouble-shoot process and equipment issues
- WHMIS training
- Able to work at heights and in confined/enclosed spaces
- Understanding of process control principles and demonstrated ability to use a DCS to interrogate/control plant processes.
- Ability to comprehend and act on verbal and written instructions to run operations as requested.
- Intermediate proficiency in computer database programs including entering data correctly and typing accuracy.
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds unaided.
- Ability to stand and move for 8 or more hours in a shift.
- Preferred: 2-3 years in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in Chemical and/or water treatment industries
- Required: 3 year college Chemical Technologist Diploma or University Chemistry/Engineering Degree
- Preferred: Above with Co-op experience.
- 4th Class Power (Operating) Engineer Certificate (O.REG. 219/01)
Submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
Keywords: chemical tech, chemical technician, wastewater technologist, waste water technologist, wastewater tech, waste water tech, water treatment, chemical engineer, chemical engineering, chemical engineers, Ontario, ON, Brampton, Oakville, Etobicoke, Toronto, Halton Hills, Milton, North York, Woodbridge, Georgetown