||Human Resources Coordinator Toronto 106849|
Located in Toronto and reporting to the Sr. Manager, Human Resources this position is responsible for the coordination and administration of Human Resources policies, programs and initiatives. This includes activities related to employment, staffing, career fairs, onboarding, compensation, benefits, employee/labour relations, time management, performance management and health & safety.
- Provide information and guidance to employees and managers on the interpretation of human resources policies and procedures, employment standards/legislation and the collective agreement.
- Support in the maintenance and updating of staffing plans and job descriptions.
- Assist in the recruitment process by editing job postings, posting on appropriate job sites, conducting initial screening of resumes, reference checks and supporting the interview process.
- Coordinate reference and police check program to ensure compliance with our policies, including Code of Conduct.
- Coordinate employee orientation sessions, onboarding process, including benefit information, ensure timely enrollment, respond to inquiries and maintain files.
- Proactively maintain documentation, employee files and organization charts; track the end dates of contracts and probationary periods.
- Manage all content for Learning and Development.
- Assist with preparing presentations, workshops and seminars where needed.
- Participate in external compensation surveys to review market competitiveness
- Establish and maintain systems to support and prepare associated analytical reports
- Coordinate compensation approvals and adjustments.
- Coordinate the probation and annual performance review process, including tracking and report preparation.
- Administer all leaves of absence (maternity, parental, unpaid, etc.) including consulting with employees/managers, monitoring start and return dates and interfacing with payroll.
- Prepare any payroll input information accurately and on time.
- Maintain WISB claims and STD/LT Claims.
- Support Human Resources with special projects and assignments as needed.
- High levels of confidentiality and integrity, relating to both data and all communications.
- Ability to work independently and build effective working relationships throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, problem solves and applies sound judgment to all decision making.
- Adaptability and flexibility to adjust to multiple and conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to travel to stores when necessary.
- College diploma or university degree in Human Resources Management.
- Minimum 3-5 years of generalist HR administrative experience supporting a broad range of HR services, including labour relations.
- Working knowledge of and practical experience in interpreting relevant legislation and/or guidelines, e.g. employment standards, human rights, diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent computer literacy including internet, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with the retail sector is an asset
If you are interested in this position, please send us a resume today!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
Keywords: HR, Human resources generalist, HR generalist, human resources manager, HR manager, HR Specialist, Human Resources Specialist, HR Officer, Human Resources Officer, hr supervisor, human resources supervisor, Ontario, ON, York, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York, Mississauga, Brampton, Woodbridge, Oakville, Milton, Concord, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Pickering, Ajax, Oshawa, Newmarket, Georgetown, Hamilton, Burlington, GTA