||Chief Financial Officer Winnipeg 106799|
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the administrative, financial and risk management of the organization. This includes the development of financial and operational strategies and development of metrics to measure successful compliance with both long and short term strategic plans. The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for tracking and reporting on revenues and expenses incurred under each program offered by the organization.
The Chief Financial Officer will be required to:
- Manage and coordinate all fiscal reporting activities.
- Prepare financial reporting for senior management, external stakeholders and funding agencies.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls.
- Ensure sufficient cash flow to meet the organization’s needs.
- Oversee the production of monthly reporting requirements.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets.
- Assist the Executive Director in the development of new business and/or funding opportunities.
- Oversee recording of accurate financial information, in a timely manner, which is relevant to decision makers.
- Act as a mentoring department providing employment and training opportunities in the area of finance to young professionals.
Education, Training and Experience
- Canadian Accounting designation with a minimum of 5 years related experience at the executive level.
- Extensive experience in managing and motivating staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities along with accurate and timely decision making capabilities.
- Able to develop and implement strategic plans.
- Able to interpret complex information in a manner which is clear, concise and appropriate for specific audience needs.
- Able to navigate a political environment to achieve results.
- A high level of confidentiality integrity and dependability.
- On-going affiliation with leaders in organizations that practice effective not-for-profit financial strategies and ongoing community involvement, preferred.
- Conveys a professional and positive image and demonstrates commitment to continued personal growth and development.
- Willingness to maintain a flexible working schedule to meet the demands of senior management and board of directors.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization as Chief Financial Officer please submit your resume ASAP!
Keywords: Financial Officer, Accountant, Finance, CA, Chartered Accountant, CGA, Certified General Accountant, Manitoba, MB, Headingley, Assiniboia, Stonewall, Stony Mountain, Oakbank, Lorette, Landmark, Selkirk, Niverville, Ste. Anne, Steinbach, Portage la Prairie, Carman, Beausejour, Lac du Bonnet, Morden, Winkler