|>> Return to Job Search|
Assistant Production Manager - food industry Windsor 106275
||Assistant Production Manager - food industry Windsor 106275|
Assistant Production Manager – SW Ontario
Do you love to develop, manage and lead a performance oriented team? Have you worked in consumer packaged goods or the beverages industry?
Leading a unionized workforce of up to 120 hourly workers, your zest for continuous improvement initiatives, strengths in developing new process and programs to reduce and minimize losses (product, packaging materials) and a drive to excel will promote you into global opportunities within this organization.
Due to other promotions in house, this opportunity will continue a success story of lean manufacturing, project management and fostering strong teams while reporting to a Manager equally invested in your success.
What you will do:
- Manage assigned budget accounts; research, write, and implement Capital Authorizations
- Direct teams towards solutions in quality issues, machine capability work health and safety
- Supervise and coordinate all activities of production workers, including operational, personnel, and administrative tasks.
- Develop, manage, and lead a performance oriented team based staff via 3 shifts in 24/7 plant.
- Manage supply accounts by achieving the best cost with vendors.
- Manage corporate programs, food safety, employee safety, GMPs and environmental.
- Direct the planning and implementation of key initiatives to improve operations.
- Ensure all monthly safety and food safety audits are completed on time
- Monitor parts and supplies inventories and place all necessary orders to ensure business needs are met.
- Previous experience in plant manufacturing sectors of food/beverage or consumer packaging
- Up to five plus years of supervisory experience in high production plant; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Secondary education or combination professional development management certifications
- Leadership experience within a unionized facility
If you see yourself managing the plant one day, our client will take you there! Apply in complete confidence ASAP
Keywords: Production Manager, Plant Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Production Lead, Assembly Manager, food industry, beverage industry, Ontario, ON, Detroit, Michigan, Tecumseh, LaSalle, Essex, Lakeshore Kingsville, Leamington, Chatham-Kent, Chatham, London
Local expertise, global reach and a comprehensive, full range of recruitment, retention and HR strategy services - these are among the reasons Legacy Bowes Group has gained its first-class reputation among employers ranging from small owner-operated enterprises to major corporations.