|>> Return to Job Search|
Human Resources Business Partner Edmonton 105863
||Human Resources Business Partner Edmonton 105863|
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER,
Edmonton or Fort McMurray, AB
The Human Resources Business Partner plays a key advisory role in the Human Resources department. This position is responsible for a range of duties enabling the Human Resources department to deliver best practices and focused HR solutions that support the business in conjunction with specialist HR functions. The position will be responsible to review and ensure effectiveness of day to day functions of the Human Resources department for the Edmonton and Fort McMurray locations, and further to support development of Western provinces HR functions.
Job Duties Overview:
- Build effective relationships with internal clients to understand their business goals to proactively identify and implement solutions in line with their strategy
- End to end recruitment and selection of employees including executing strategy, developing job descriptions, posting, attending career fairs, short-listing, interviewing and hiring
- Ensure effective communication of policies, procedures, laws, standards and regulations
- New employee on-boarding and orientation
- Implement and roll out new HR programs, policies and procedure
- Recommend and coordinate training programs for employee development including delivering and arranging training as required
- Maintain positive working relationship with the bargaining agent; respond to grievances; assist managers with resolutions to grievances and attend labour-management committee meetings as required
- Monitor employee engagement and retention and suggest recommendations where required
- Maintain the HR Management System for the locations including new hires, terminations, transfers, absence management, training records etc.
- Run reports in the HRMS system for analysis with interpretation and recommendations to the business heads; monthly headcount and turnover reporting and organizational chart maintenance
- Advise managers on organizational matters such as discrimination, discipline, harassment, etc.
- Provide coaching and guidance to both salaried and hourly union and non-union managers and employees
- Provide resolutions to employee relations issues (e.g. employee complaints and harassment allegations) and escalate as necessary to GM and Senior HR Manager.
- Manage various HR projects related to the HR strategy as assigned by the Senior HR Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related discipline
- Post graduate education in Human Resources Management
- CHRP Designation or working towards the designation
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in Human Resources
- Minimum 3 years experience recruiting preferably for technical/mechanical positions; heavy equipment/mining an asset
- Proven track record of successful recruitment
- Engaging and effective facilitator; able to present variety of topics related to human resources to branch management and employees at all levels
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Solid understanding of employment legislation (specifically related to BC and Alberta)
- Ability to motivate a team and work under pressure
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
This position works Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of this critical position additional working hours may be required from time to time. Additionally, travel between branch locations is expected on a regular basis: if based out of Edmonton, you must be able to spend 2-3 days per week in Fort McMurray; if based out of Fort McMurray, must be able to spend 2-3 days every other week in Edmonton. Must be able to travel to BC once a quarter. Additional locations may be added in the future.
Keywords: HR, Human resources generalist, HR generalist, human resources manager, HR manager, HR Specialist, Human Resources Specialist, HR Officer, Human Resources Officer, AB, Alberta, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Fort Saskatchewan, Acheson, Spruce Grove, Beaumont, Leduc, Calmar, Devon
Liebherr-canada Ltd - View All Jobs From Liebherr-canada Ltd
The Liebherr Group is represented in Canada by Liebherr-Canada Ltd. since 1973. The company sells and services selected Liebherr products such as earthmoving machines, mobile and crawler cranes, cargo handling cranes, mining excavators / shovels and mining trucks as well as material handling equipment. In addition, the company is responsible for domestic and commercial refrigeration products for the Americas. Liebherr-Canada Ltd. has established eleven locations across the country in order to maintain the high level of parts availability and local service.