||Technical Manager, Food Manufacturing Windsor 104947|
||BONGARD & ASSOCIATES (2002) LTD.|
We are a Toronto based recruiting firm specializing in food and food related manufacturing positions. Our clients among the best of Canadian Food Manufacturers have a continuous need for dedicated career minded individuals looking for the next step.
Position: Technical Manager, Food Manufacturing
Location: South Western Ontario
One of our clients an internationally known manufacturer and distributor of fast moving food products is currently searching for a Technical Manager to become a member of the R&D, Quality and Technical Services team. Reporting to the Director the incumbent will provide direction to product, package and process development and ingredient research team members for all projects.
- Provide technical expertise to co-packers and company affiliates in product development, ingredient selection and process development, as necessary through site visits or electronic communications.
- Provide technical support to Consumer Service Representatives in responding to product inquiries.
- Contribute towards increased sales by providing positive information to customers via various media presentations (TV and magazine) and product knowledge of company vs. competition’s product lines to Sales/Marketing division through organized demos, tastings, and seminars.
- Research innovative new products and assess technical feasibility of projects as a member of the business unit team
- Research new packaging and alternate ingredient solutions by tapping into supplier innovation resources and identification and qualification of suppliers.
- Assure the maintenance of project knowledge and progress through timely written and oral communications with project initiators and accurate current documentation
- Maintain a current knowledge base regarding technological innovations in the food industry and how they may benefit the company by attending seminars, conferences and studying technical papers.
- Provide problem solving to production as required by applying technical expertise.
- The incumbent will ensure compliance to applicable Quality Industry Standards relating to: SQF, GMP, Allergen, HACCP, QRMP and any other related Quality Management systems as determined by the Company.
- Assess technical feasibility of marketing projects as a member of the Project Review Committee.
- Ensure compliance to all environmental regulatory documentation requirements.
- Participate in the development of Company strategic plans.
- Actively participate in multifunctional team meetings that discuss consumer issues, customer issues, factory issues, etc.
- Post secondary education in Food Sciences (B.Sc. degree) or related degree.
- Several years supervisory and project management experience in a related field.
- Must have thorough knowledge of the Canadian Food & Drug Act and Consumer Packaging and Labelling regulatory documentation.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A high degree of imagination, flair and creativity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high personal motivation
- Must have the ability to “sell” new ideas and innovative processes.
Please submit your resume today for consideration.
We appreciate all candidates’ interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Keywords: Product Manager, Product Managers, Product Planning, Product Planner, Marketing, Marketer, Project Manager, Project Management, PMP, Ontario, ON, Detroit, Michigan, Tecumseh, LaSalle, Essex, Lakeshore Kingsville, Leamington, Chatham-Kent, Chatham, London