||Assistant Production Manager New Westminster 104506|
The Assistant Production Manager is responsible aiding the Production Manager with the day-to-day functions of the production process. This includes monitoring the processing of all incoming merchandise, the inspection and pricing of merchandise, and placement and organization of merchandise on the sales floor; acting as a “floater” to fill in for absent team members as needed; supervising, directing and training production team members; monitoring and providing feedback on the progress and performance of production team members; ensuring we are providing a high level of customer service; following all company policies and procedures and ensuring they are upheld; opening and closing the store as scheduled; and managing the entire production room in the absence of the Production Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
Management Responsibilities / Employee Relations:
- Assist with the direction and coordination of the production department in accordance with our company policies and applicable laws.
- This includes:
- implementing and administering company Personnel and Loss Prevention Policies and Procedures, company programs (e.g., Safety/Loss Prevention Program), and all other company policies and procedures designed to support the company.
- Interviewing, hiring, and overseeing the training and development of team members
- Planning, scheduling, assigning, and directing work
- Giving input on performance
- Assisting with the rewarding and disciplining of team members
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must be able to perform all duties required of team members in production.
- Promote positive employee relations with team members by communicating all required information in a professional manner consistent with the company Core Values and Vision statement.
- This includes being present for and participating in production and/or department meetings on a regular basis, and may also include participation in Safety/Loss Prevention meetings.
- Responsible for completing administrative paperwork pertaining to team members, e.g., evaluations, Human Resources forms, documentation related to team members, etc.
- Safeguarding the integrity of, verifying information for and overseeing maintenance of TimeCentre system.
- Assist with the completion daily paperwork, e.g., production tallies, truck reports, OK worksheets, rag reports, supply orders, daily sales, and any other related paperwork into the Dart-S system. This includes the completion of any information sent to the corporate office via FedEx.
- Responsible for the handling and security of all store money, e.g., all store funds, banking procedures, daily and night deposits to the bank, and NSF cheques.
Merchandise / Non-Profits
- Help maintain positive non-profit relations.
- Ensure merchandise on the sales floor consistently meets company standards in terms of pricing, quality, and volume.
- Ensure production room is clean and orderly and meets all safety standards.
- Ensure merchandise is being processed according to schedule.
- Must be able to receive, sort, price, and discard merchandise and assist with any other production functions as needed.
Floor Maintenance / Safety:
- Maintain company standards for customer service to ensure customers remain satisfied and repeat business.
- Direct and train production staff to provide the level of customer service expected.
- Practice and ensure team members practice the 'ten foot rule' and' communicate to customers in a professional manner.
General / Miscellaneous:
- Ensure the sales floor is clean and organized according to company standards, i.e. merchandise is displayed in its proper section, colorizing is maintained, sizing is correct, etc.
- This includes conducting daily floor walks to determine priorities and delegation of tasks.
- Provide a hazard-free environment for the public and our team members by ensuring the store is free of all safety hazards.
- Work with the management team by providing support, communicating, attending meetings, sharing information, etc.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of sale days.
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure operations and production are coordinated and working together toward the same goals.
- This may include sharing some responsibilities between the two departments.
- Responsible for the general operation of the store and must be able to make decisions and take reasonable action in the absence of the Production Manager and/or Store Manager.
Job / Qualification Requirements:
- MUST HAVE at least 2-3 Years Production Management experience
- Previous retail/customer service experience preferred
- Capable of performing all department functions, including pricer and backup duties
- Ability to communicate well in English, both in verbal and written forms.
- Excellent interpersonal and demonstrated motivational skills.
- Strong mathematical
- Ability to plan, organize, execute and manage the work of those reporting to the Production Manager
- Ability to reason, make decisions and use independent judgment in various situations
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or verbal form.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Physical ability to regularly (throughout shift) lift, push, pull, bend, reach, and use hands for repetitive actions.
- Stand for long periods of time and walk.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Possess dexterity for complex hand-eye tasks, including keyboarding and merchandise movement activities.
- Exposure to dust — all of designated shift.
- Exposure to periodic temperature fluctuations.
Keywords: Production Manager, Plant Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Production Lead, Assembly Manager, retail production manager, British Columbia, BC, Burnaby, Annacis Island, Fleetwood, Burnaby, Vancouver, Richmond, Delta, Coquitlam, Surrey, Pitt Meadows, Langley