|>> Return to Job Search|
Health and Safety Advisor Calgary 104350
||Health and Safety Advisor Calgary 104350|
The Health & Safety Advisor is responsible for overseeing the Health, Safety and Employee return to work process for the Calgary location.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain high visibility throughout the plant
- Ensure that safety standards are maintained and continually seek ways to improve safety standards
- Advise Management on all matters pertaining to safety and health including compliance with Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S)
- Plan and implement safety, health programs, and promotional activities that will improve safety and health awareness
- Maintain record and environmental permits to ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Chair the Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Prepare budgets and maintain cost control of Environmental Health & Safety operations
- Perform health, safety, and environmental audits, and develop corrective action for deficiencies to ensure that facilities are in compliance with all federal, provincial, and local health, safety regulations
- Ensures Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) compliance, training and record keeping
- Coordinate with area supervisors to ensure all areas have adequate written safety procedures and training
- Perform periodic audits of work areas to maintain awareness, increase visibility and ensure compliance of proper procedures
- Correspond and coordinate internally to ensure employees, contractors, and subcontractors comply with policies and procedures
- Perform investigations of incidents, and report results to management with corrective actions taken
- Provide an operations review metric for manufacturing:
- Maintain a trained Emergency Response Team (ERT) for emergency and evacuation purposes
- Prepare and update emergency plans as changes occur
- Maintain relationships with vendors for proper disposal of environmental wastes
- Coordinate and administer safety training classes and programs
- Responsible for the ongoing management of Building Facilities:
- Liaise with landlord on maintenance issues
- Coordinate janitorial services
- Coordinate building maintenance issues with 3rd party vendors
- Manage city compliance issues that may arise
- Ensure the proper function of fire alarms
- Coordinate any office moves that may occur
- Manage building security, which includes coordinating with our security company to monitor building locks and alarms
- Responsible for coordinating or conducting quarterly and annual equipment inspections
- Organize and monitor all fire evacuation/safety procedures
- All other duties assigned by management
- 3-5 years of experience in a Health & Safety occupation
- Experience managing return to work and health accommodation situations would be an asset
- Working towards, or completion of CRSP Professional Designation or equivalent
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Knowledge of Alberta OH&S legislation
- Ability to interpret and understand OH&S Acts and Regulations
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in word processing & spreadsheet
- Strong organizational, planning, and project management skills
If you possess these qualities and wish to be a part of the team in Calgary, please forward your resume in confidence.
We thank you for your interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply today!!!
Keywords: Heath and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Coordinator, Health, Safety & Environment, HSE, Health and Safety Technician, Occupational Health and Safety, Alberta, AB, Chestermere, Langdon, De Winton, Bragg Creek, Cochrane, Airdrie, Strathmore, Crossfield, Carstairs, Black Diamond, High River, Okotoks, Midnapore, Silver Springs, Canmore, Banff, Brooks, Drumheller
INOVA - View All Jobs From INOVA
About the Company
INOVA aspires to become THE land seismic technology company by developing and manufacturing reliable seismic instruments that enable geophysical service providers to efficiently design and execute complex seismic acquisition programs on behalf of their energy and production customers around the world.
INOVA’s technical professionals focus on innovation in land seismic product development to ensure our products remain on the cutting-edge of innovation, guided by the practical reality of what contractors require to reliably execute complex seismic programs in the most difficult operating environments.
INOVA manufactures and markets three major product lines:
- Land acquisition systems, including the ARIES, FireFly, G3i and Hawk recording platforms;
- Land source products, including the AHV-IV series and XVib vibroseis vehicles, and Pelton source controllers;
- Multicomponent sensors, including the ground-breaking VectorSeis digital 3C receiver.
INOVA is committed to offer ‘Best in Class’ customer satisfaction. Through a global network of training, repair, and customer support centers, INOVA field service engineers are located in key petroleum centers close to their customers. These field support teams are available and willing to go anywhere, anytime to ensure that INOVA’s customers are able to complete their acquisition programs. Working shoulder-to-shoulder with their customers, INOVA’s field support teams are united by a common call to action: TOGETHER, WE GET THE JOB DONE.