|>> Return to Job Search|
Health and Safety Specialist St Catharines 103721
||Health and Safety Specialist St Catharines 103721|
||TIW Steel Platework Inc.|
The Health and Safety Specialist develops, administers, and implements company wide occupational safety programs, and serves as the coordinator for the occupational safety programs within one or more locations.
Responsible for safety orientation, safety training, job site inspections and reporting.
- Maintain awareness of amendments to the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) and Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation.
- Perform job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations.
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company safety program by all employees and subcontractors.
- Research, plan, organize and conduct training programs/seminars for TIW supervisors and field employees, with regard to WHMIS, Fall Protection, Orientation, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid, industry specific related issues, etc.
- Ensure the timely completion of accident/injury reporting to Corporate Office.
- Provide guidance to field personnel via safety briefings.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and other employee groups on a broad range of occupational safety issues and decisions.
- Design safety standards to conform to industry standards and federal, provincial and local regulations.
- Review the analysis of accident and injury data, identifying the needs for new or modified occupational safety programs.
- Research occupational safety information to assure the best available methods and equipment are adopted to minimize the hazards in the work place.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
- Lead and/or participate on teams with safety, technical, management, and other team members.
- Provide training to managers and others on occupational safety issues.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related field.
- Safety certification training (e.g., CRSP, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information, MSDS and OHSA) is considered a strong asset.
- Three to five years’ experience in occupational health and safety in an industrial establishment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the OHSA and workers’ compensation legislation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong English communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work effectively alone.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Direct knowledge of occupational health and safety training methodologies.
- Direct experience assessing training needs, creating training materials to fulfill those needs, and then delivering the training.
- Able to custom-fit training materials around individual needs.
- Excellent listening, observing, and questioning skills.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and pension and more. Please apply today!
Please note: Some Canadian travel may be required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Keywords: Heath and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Coordinator, Health and Safety officer, Health, Safety & Environment, HSE, Health and Safety Technician, Occupational Health and Safety, Ontario, ON, Port Dalhousie, Thorold, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Allanburg, Smithville, Port Colborne, Fort Erie, Burlington, Hamilton, Ancaster, Grimsby, Brantford, Oakville, Cambridge, Welland
TIW Steel Platework Inc. - View All Jobs From TIW Steel Platework Inc.
Originally known as The Toronto Iron Works Company, TIW was established in 1907 as a supplier of tankage, process vessels and related equipment to the petroleum industry and is now an established, fully integrated unit of design, manufacture and construction of field erected steel platework structures.
TIW Steel Platework Inc. invests in our new employees by offering on-site training for long-term development. We also offer a competitive salary with annual profit-based bonus incentive, medical benefits including pension and RRSP programs.