||Human Resources Supervisor Barrie 103602|
||Express Employment Hamilton|
HR Supervisor – Awesome Job - Barrie location!
Our client manufactures and supplies a wide variety of industrial fabrics, materials and engineered products for specific industrial requirements including filtration. This company is constantly innovating to meet customers’ nonwoven textile needs. We are looking for a strong Human Resources department head who is detail-oriented, results-focused and a hands-on self-starter with excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of all of the company’s employees and related administration and duties. You will spearhead recruitment, selection, training and continuous learning and improvement, compensation, health and safety, and employee relations initiatives.
Here is What You Will Be Doing:
Are you Qualified?
- Develop and execute recruiting plans for hiring top performing employees for all open positions for the company.
- (Within two weeks of hire), immersing and familiarizing yourself with the company’s HR policies, procedures, payroll practices, corporate / departmental structure and recruiting policies.
- Work with hiring managers to determine present and future hiring needs and document a recruiting / interviewing strategy and plan.
- Create effective job descriptions.
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
- Work with and manage the relationships with employment agencies as required.
- Board and orient new hires including:
- preparing offer letters
- conducting individual or
- group orientation sessions
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Post openings in newspaper advertisements, with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues.
- Utilize the Internet for recruitment.
- Post positions to appropriate Internet sources.
- Improve the company website recruiting page to assist in recruiting.
- Research new ways of using the Internet for recruitment.
- Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
- Locate and document where to find ideal candidates.
- Aid public relations in establishing a recognizable “employer of choice” reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Create contacts within industry.
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
- Efficiently, effectively and empathically respond to employee needs, requirements and issues for a base of 100 individuals located in 4 plants by:
- Responding as trusted advisor to employee inquiries regarding but not limited to:
- company policies and procedures
- employees’ issues with managers.
- Updating employee records weekly with:
- new hire information
- pay rate and class changes
- promotions and other employee file changes
- Set up and coordinate employee training sessions, company activities and employee recognition programs including working with department Heads and Managers, scheduling people, venues and materials for lunch & learns and other training initiatives.
- A thorough knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite particularly Excel.
- A thorough knowledge of the Employment Standards Act 2000.
- An evolving family-run business.
Please submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
No Phone Calls Please
Keywords: Ontario, ON, Springwater, Wasaga Beach, Collingwood, Borden, Angus, New Tecumseth, Bradford West Gwillimbury, King, Mono, Shelbourne, Newmarket, Stroud, Innisfil, Georgina, Sutton, Keswick, Penetanguishine, Midland, Tiny, Tay, Orillia, Clearview, Aurora, HR, Human resources generalist, HR generalist, human resources manager, HR manager, hr specialist, human resources specialist, hr officer, human resources officer,