|>> Return to Job Search|
Production Manager Calgary 103137
||Production Manager Calgary 103137|
We are a progressive, experienced and leading manufacturer, well known for our high quality products. We design, engineer, fabricate, package and service a range of pressure vessels, pipe spooling, structural skids and cargo transports; and services the truck and transport, natural resources (oil and natural gas, and mining), propane distribution and marketing, power generation and cryogenic industries across Canada.
We are looking for a Production Manager to work in our Crossfield, Alberta plant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management and direction of Production Superintendents/ Foremen.
- Develop and promote an aggressive and effective “customer focused” atmosphere throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure all applicable fabrication standards of ASME, Jurisdictional Boiler Authorities, Transport Canada as well as client specifications are met.
- Manage manufacturing lead times with a continual focus on improvement of lead times through process improvements.
- Interface with shop personnel to address fabrication issues.
- Work with Project Management to ensure focus on project ownership and accountability for meeting target deadlines, managing of major deliver ables and communication of project status with customers.
- Ensure team focus on delivery of projects on time and under budget.
- Ensure that the product quality meets or exceeds industry standards and customer expectations.
- Ensure that the product cost is less than or equal to the estimated target. This is accomplished by having a thorough understanding of ASME codes, internal and external manufacturing processes and supply chain availability.
- Interface with the Engineering & Design groups to ensure proper scheduling in support of product delivery dates.
- This accomplished by working cross functionally with Sales and Engineering to ensure timely and effective project hand-offs, design submittal and return of customer required approval drawings.
- Assist with quotations and estimates as required.
- Support continuous improvements to quotation accuracy and efficiency gain.
We offer a competitive salary, very comprehensive benefits package, RRSP, and a safe, challenging work environment with a high focus on team approach.
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering or equivalent significant experience.
- 10 to 15 years proven related experience.
- Successful, persuasive leader.
- Knowledge of ASME Section VIII Welding and Pressure Vessel codes, Structural Design codes and associated standards will be an preferred asset.
- Experienced in interpretation of PFD’s & P&ID’s
- Functional in MS Office, Excel, Power Point. Experience in design software would be an asset.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong senior business process view.
Keywords: Manufacturing, oil and gas manufacturing, production manager, production management, Engineering, engineer, ASME fabrication standards, Alberta, AB, Chestermere, Langdon, De Winton, Bragg Creek, Cochrane, Airdrie, Strathmore, Crossfield, Carstairs, Black Diamond, High River, Okotoks, Midnapore, Silver Springs, Canmore, Banff, Brooks, Drumheller
Maxfield - View All Jobs From Maxfield
MaXfield is a progressive, experienced and leading manufacturer well known for its high quality products, which include design, engineer, fabricate, package and service a range of pressure vessels, pipe spooling, structural skids and cargo transports; and services the truck and transport, natural resources (oil and natural gas, and mining), propane distribution and marketing, power generation and cryogenic industries across Canada.