|>> Return to Job Search|
Payroll and Benefits Officer Renfrew 102686
||Payroll and Benefits Officer Renfrew 102686|
||Arnprior Regional Health|
With approximately 300+ employees across 4 different unions and a non-union group, the Payroll & Benefits Officer will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payroll, and the administration of all employee benefits and pension plans for both the Hospital and Nursing Home.
- Import and verify timecards, process pay adjustments, add new General Ledger payroll accounts, verify and correct error reports, calculate and process payroll, produce the EFT for direct deposit and transmit files to the Bank of Canada
- Handle employee relations on all pay, benefit & pension inquiries and issues; produces ROEs & seniority lists
- Reconcile and produce various remittances as required
- Reconcile all payroll accounts at year end, produce and issue T4s, complete and submit various annual reports
- Process all enrolments, changes in coverage and terminations with the benefit carrier (ensuring all billings reflect accurate coverage)
- Administer the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan. Responsible for all enrolments, terminations, monthly remittances, and annual reporting.
- Maintain the Quadrant HRIS (i.e., creating new positions, status changes, earnings, deductions, shift tiles for scheduling module, updating salary scales, benefit premiums etc.)
- Monitor and process pay & vacation increases
- Administer the photo ID security/access card process
- Minimum 3-5 years of directly related payroll experience; experience in a unionized environment is preferred
- Post-secondary degree or diploma related to Payroll, Human Resources or Benefits
- Canadian Payroll Certification, or in progress
- Strong proficiency with payroll/HRIS systems (Quadrant HR experience would be considered an asset) and Microsoft office products
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply terms and conditions of all central and local collective agreements as they pertain to compensation/benefits.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledgeable of current legislation governing payroll and pension administration (e.g. Income Tax Act, Employment Insurance Act, Employment Standards Act, Revenue Canada Guidelines pertaining to regular and lump sum payments, termination and retirement payments, Employer Health Tax Guidelines, and Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan Administration Guidelines and Provincial Pension Benefits Act, etc.)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
Please note this job is located in Arnprior, On
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes today!
The anticipated start date for this position will be early to mid- April 2013.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Keywords: hospitals, Human Resources, Accountant, Accounting, Bookkeeper, payroll clerk,Ontario, ON, Arnprior, Cobden, Eganville, Pakenham, Ottawa,
Arnprior Regional Health - View All Jobs From Arnprior Regional Health
The Arnprior and District Memorial Hospital and the Grove Nursing Home is located in the Town of Arnprior, less than 30 minutes northwest of Ottawa. Experience high quality professional practice in our progressive, well-equipped 44 bed Hospital and/or the personal satisfaction of quality resident care in our 60-bed nursing home. There are approximately 300 staff, 260 volunteers, and a growing number of medical staff providing exemplary care to over 30,000 residents of West Ottawa, McNab/Braeside, Arnprior and portions of Mississippi Mills.