||Civil Engineer - Project Manager Regina 102587|
Are you looking for a rewarding career in municipal government? Are you looking for great benefits and competitive compensation? Do you want a career with stability in a family oriented environment? Consider joining our family!
Location: Drayton Valley, Alberta
Duties & Essential Job Functions
- The incumbent is expected to plan and set project goals for an ongoing five‐year horizon.
- Administration and coordination is carried out for any consultant services engaged to assist in the implementation of approved transportation and municipal utility projects or programs.
- Responsible for management of the departmental budget for infrastructure programs, capitalexpenditures, application and implementation of grant funding, contracting and staffing required for the provision of services.
- Diversity and scope of services
- Management and administration of all services related to engineering activities within the county related to capital roadway, drainage, and municipal utility projects; including surfacing, reconstruction and new construction of roadways.
- Administration, review, update, approval and implementation of long range improvement program.
- Preparation and update of inventory information on the current standard and condition of the County road infrastructure.
- Periodically reviews roadway capital works improvement program for future years and recommends any adjustments considered necessary in works and/or priorities based on the latest available information with respect to traffic needs, land use changes, safety factors, operating and maintenance costs, and ratepayer and political requests.
- Prepares preliminary cost estimates for potential or desirable future works to facilitate considerations for approval and prioritization.
- Manages and coordinates the engineering, design and construction activities for the approved road construction and improvement program.
- Schedules and arranges for preliminary surveys, designs, and necessary land acquisitions to facilitate timely implementation of approved road program and priorities.
- Schedules and coordinates the preparation of tender documents, receipt of tenders, and recommendation and award of contracts for roadway improvements.
- Develops proposals and cost estimates for surfacing projects requested on local improvements.
- Administers and coordinates layout of the work, contract supervision, quality control, and where required, measurement of quantities and certification of contractor payments.
- Administers and coordinates the contracts for crushing and supply of aggregate materials. This includes the management of all County gravel sources on private, crown and municipal lands.
- Arranges for and coordinates field surveys, investigations, design and/or construction supervision as required to support other municipal programs, developments and activities.
- In consultation with the Lead Hand Maintenance and Utilities Coordinator, arranges for and coordinates surveys and engineering assistance required for the proper operation and maintenance of roadways, drainage facilities, municipal sewer and water services.
- Developing and providing specifications for subdivision and/or development proposals in the County which includes the review and evaluation of storm water management and drainage proposals.
- Provides follow up inspections and reports on the same. Provides and coordinates surveys, investigations, designs, and construction activities required for the planning, evaluation and/or implementation of other County department programs for site and facility developments or improvements.
- Coordinates the inspection and evaluation of all bridges and other major drainage structures within the County road infrastructure.
- In consultation with consultants, coordinates the inspection, evaluation and reporting on the condition of bridges and other major drainage structures as prescribed by Alberta Transportation.
- Arranges for and coordinates the construction of required bridge or drainage structure replacement or improvement including the application to Alberta Transportation for grant funding.
- Prepares, recommends approval of , and controls budgets for capital works projects and other programs.
- Reviews County goals and program objective with Director of Public Works for direction on implementation and priority requirements.
- Identifies requirements of approved capital program and department operating activities and coordinates the development of all applicable cost estimates.
- Develops, presents and recommends approval of the departments capital works and operating budgets.
- Coordinates and authorizes activities and related expenditures within the guidelines and constraints of the budget approval
- Develops and coordinates a monthly reporting system outlining the status of projects and related expenditure projections.
- Recommends the selection of, and administers and coordinates the activities of any consulting services required.
- Reviews and recommends to the Director of Public Works and and requirements for consultant services.
Please note that this position is located in beautiful Drayton Valley, Alberta and relocation is required!
- Graduation from college or technical school. Education or training in the construction and computerized design of transportation, drainage and municipal facilities or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in the planning, design and/or construction of civil engineering projects (roadways & drainage) including a minimum of five years’ experience in a managerial capacity. Prior municipal experience, including development and/or management of municipal utility systems is an asset.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate and manage budgets, large municipal construction programs and subordinate employees.
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access data base.
Please apply with cover letter and resume!
keywords: project manager, planning, civil engineering, administration, transportation, contracts, capital works, roadways, drainage, utilities, Saskatchewan, SK, Lakeridge, Mt. Royal, Glencaim, Albert Park, Hillsdale, Gladmer Park, Al Ritchie, Pilot Butte, White City, Richardson, Balgonie, Lumsden, Lakeview, Moose Jaw, Bushnell Park, Indian Head, Fort Qu’Appelle, Weyburn