|>> Return to Job Search|
Municipal Planning Development Officer Fort Mcmurray 102536
||Municipal Planning Development Officer Fort Mcmurray 102536|
Are you looking for a rewarding career in municipal government? Are you looking for great benefits and competitive compensation? Do you want a career with stability in a family oriented environment? Consider joining our family!
We are looking for a Permanent Full-time Development Officer
Location: Drayton Valley, Alberta
Duties & Essential Job Functions
- Receives, analyzes, and processes residential, commercial and industrial development permit applications
- Receives, analyzes, and processes subdivision applications
- Receives, analyzes, and processes Land Use Amendment applications
- Receives, reviews, and processes Compliance Certificate and File Search requests
- Conducts site inspections for applications
- Performs tasks required relative to the enforcement of the Land Use Bylaw and follow‐up on compliance with Development Permit conditions
- Promotes public awareness of the Land Use Bylaw
- Provides advice, guidance, and administrative services to the general public, other departments and agencies, the Municipal Planning Commission, and the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Researches and prepares reports, background studies, and presentation materials
- Participates in the development and revisions of Bylaws, policies and development agreements as well as other documents (ie. caveats) associated with subdivision and development
- Diploma in Planning and/or a combination of experience preferably in an municipal planning environment. Completion of the Applied Land Use Planning Certificate is an asset.
- Must be able to interpret the County’s Land Use Bylaw, statutory plans, the Municipal Government Act and other provincial legislation
- Must have a willingness to pursue further education
- Must be able to manage multiple projects in a deadline oriented environment
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and action within established guidelines
- Excellent customer service skills with a proficiency in interpersonal communication
- Concise and positive communicator
- Approachable attitude with the ability to mediate and problem solve
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract is required
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter today!
keywords: administration, municipal planning, Land use, bylaws, design, construction, surveys, surveyor, Alberta, AB, Beacon Hill, Gregoire, Slave Lake, Wood Buffalo
Brazeau County - View All Jobs From Brazeau County
Welcome to Brazeau County, the heart of west-central Alberta! A land where industry and commerce join forces with outdoor recreation adventures and western culture, creating a vibrant and growing community.