||Senior Payroll Administrator - 1 year contract (45-50k) Concord 101518|
The Payroll Administrator is responsibility for the preparation, calculation and completion of payroll. The incumbent also interprets and applies various acts, regulations, policies and procedures regarding payroll administration matters and administers provisions of a variety of collective agreements relating to payroll matters.
- Plans in the preparation, calculation, completion, data entry and maintenance of computerized payrolls for all salaried and hourly paid employees; including unionized staff.
- Reviews payroll systems and procedures and provides input to a superior.
- Interprets and applies various acts, regulations, policies and procedures regarding payroll administration matters; administers provisions and implementing changes of various collective agreements relating to payroll matters; in consultation with Supervisor.
- Prepares a variety of statistical and other reports and statements on matters related to the work performed; ensures completeness and timely remittance of employee deductions, reconciliation of payroll accounts to the General Ledger.
- Maintains all accounting records related to the payroll and distribute payroll costs to projects where appropriate. Responsible for reports and related remittances covering payroll, benefits, government programs, year-end, including accruals, T4’s, T4A’s and T2200’s.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts in matters relating to the work.
- Other duties as required.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume today!
- Completion of the 12th school grade supplemented by payroll administration and management courses, membership in a professional payroll or accounting association (Canadian Payroll Certification – Level 2, preferred), plus considerable related experience in computerized payroll processing work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal and Provincial laws, regulations and policies and collective agreements as applicable to salary and wage administration.
- Thorough knowledge of the payroll accounting system and of the methods, practices and principles involved in the preparation, calculation, data entry and processing of salaried and hourly payrolls.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office methods and procedures and of data processing procedures and operations as related to payroll functions.
- Ability to interpret and apply various acts, regulations, policies and procedures concerning payroll matters and to assist in administering provisions and implementing changes of various collective agreements related to payroll matters. A high level of accuracy and attention detail is required.
- Excellent computer skills and experience working with MS Word Office Suite; including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Ceridian Payroll System (HPL).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts in matters related to the work. Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrated tactful communication skills in dealing with sensitive employee issues.
- Proficiency with preparing journal entries and reconciliation of all payroll accounts.
- Ensures inquiries are responded to in a proper and timely manner.
Keywords: Payroll Clerk, Accountant, Accounting, Accounts Payable, AR, AP, Bookkeeper, Ontario, ON, Kleinburg, Woodbridge, Brampton, Maple, Bolton, Nobleton, King City, Richmond Hill, Markham, Thornhill, Toronto, Newmarket, Mississauga, North York, Caledon, Markham