||Junior Buyer Kitchener 101346|
We are proud of our products which have become household staples in Canada. Our mission is to be the most respected and loved consumer package goods company in Canada. In this vision we picture every Canadian child enjoying our product as a part of nutritious and balanced breakfast.
When we invest in our people and our product we do so for the long term. We as a company have enjoyed double digit growth for more than 4 years in a row and are looking forward to continuing that trend. A big part of our successful growth was the opening of the Canadian industrial operations in 2006. A state-of the art plant was built in Brantford, Ontario.
We invite you to take the challenge and make your skills count through this exciting career opportunity at our manufacturing site in Brantford.
Junior Buyer – 1 year Contract
The Junior Buyer will be responsible for the search, selection and evaluation of suppliers for all packaging materials necessary for the production unit’s operation.
Purchase Order Process
- Manage the purchase order process for all packaging materials from approved requisition to PO received and support goods receipt.
- Receive data from Supply Chain department on the annual requirements for packaging materials;
- Ensure the forwarding of data to suppliers, create a forecast request;
- Ensure the collection of proposals, make comparisons and evaluations
- Guarantee forecast for all principal costs for purchase of materials
Search for local Suppliers
- Ensure the search for local suppliers of packaging materials in compliance with quality standards established by Headquarters;
- Ensure the possibility of using alternative suppliers
Selection of Suppliers
- Guarantee the selection through specific meetings with potential suppliers
- Collaborate in the process of receiving final specifications/detailed descriptions from suppliers
Evaluation of Suppliers
- Guarantee the negotiation of packaging prices and contract terms, in compliance with budget and Group objectives.
- Ensure ongoing supplier evaluation by managing complaints from Supply Chain, Production, Quality, Maintenance;
- Manage non-compliance issues with suppliers, request and monitor corrective action when necessary
- Ensure the forwarding of non-compliance issues to Central Purchasing to evaluate information and detect other possible problems.
- Collaborate with Production and Quality to monitor Supplier production trials in order to make the necessary observations for supplier improvement
- Maintain constant communication with Warehouse to ensure sufficient lead times and quantities and to guarantee all packaging and raw materials arrive as scheduled as per the Purchase Order
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in supply chain management, logistics, purchasing or packaging is required
- A minimum of 3 years’experience working in a similar role within a manufacturing environment with experience purchasing packaging, raw material or technical materials
- Knowledge of the local and European supplier market, qualitative specifications packaging, price agreements, purchasing process and related procedures would be a definite asset
- Ability to grasp purchasing related concepts
- Solid analytical and technical purchasing skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Strong experience with Microsoft Programs, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experiences with SAP is an asset
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity with a new and exciting organization please apply for this position by sending your resume
keywords: Ontario, ON, Waterloo, Cambridge, St. Jacob’s, St. Clement’s, Breslau, Guelph, Wellesley, New Hamburg, New Dundee, Elmira, Wallenstein, Elora, Fergus, Stratford, Tavistock, Ayr, Brantford, buyer, purchaser, marketer, supply chain, logistics,