|>> Return to Job Search|
Turnaround Manager Calgary 100783
||Turnaround Manager Calgary 100783|
||ClearStream Energy Services |
We are headquartered in Sherwood Park, Alberta. For over twenty years our operating companies continue to provide innovative solutions, customer service excellence and quality work done safely to the energy and pulp & paper industry. Our core focus areas include:
- Fabrication & Modular Assembly
- Maintenance & Shutdowns
- Wear Technologies
With over 3000 employees located throughout Western Canada we can respond to our customers’ needs quickly and get the job done right the first time cost effectively. Our entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, dedicated staff and aboriginal work force make us our clients and employees first choice.
We develop and provide the appropriate “Package of Services” to fully undertake projects of any magnitude.
LOCATION: Cochrane, Alberta
POSITION STATUS: Permanent
DEPARTMENT: Industrial Services, South
The role of the Turnaround Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects and Turnarounds according to strict deadlines and within budget. This role reports directly to the Area Manager, Cochrane and will support southern region operations and as required may also support construction projects and large scale turnarounds in other Industrial Services business units. This position will ensure project/TA execution success by adhering to HS&E, quality, schedule, and cost.
As a secondary function, this position has an active leadership role within the Company and will contribute to the development of the overall construction project management team through involvement with developing Company-wide project controls, standards and systems and consistently and effectively manage construction and turnaround projects.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Direct and manage project/TA development and activities from beginning to end, ensuring compliance to all company and stakeholders’ safety and policy and procedure guidelines.
- Define project/TA scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project/TA goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Identify and manage project/TA dependencies and critical path with a strong commitment to Change Management.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants if necessary during project/TA cycle, and when possible, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Effectively communicate project /TA expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion and liaise with project/TA stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle. Set and continually manage project/TA expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Lead/assist in negotiation of claims/disputes with the owner and subtrades.
- Plan, schedule, and track project/TA timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Proactively manage changes in project/TA scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans adhering to strict change management control.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Primavera an asset.
- Strong mechanical estimating ability.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, such as Share Point.
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as MS Office.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong adherence to change management practices.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- University degree or college diploma in management or related field, or equivalent field experience.
- Journeyman ticket in a mechanical trade and/or related experience.
- A minimum of 5+ year’s maintenance/ Turnaround/Shutdown experience in a supervisory role.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working with operating facilities.
- Experience managing a team in a collaborative environment is essential.
This is a permanent, full-time position with a competitive benefits package.
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit resumes today. Verbal applications will not be accepted.
Keywords: Operations Manager, Operations Management, Project Manager, Shutdown Manager, Maintenance Manager, Alberta, AB, Chestermere, Langdon, De Winton, Bragg Creek, Cochrane, Airdrie, Strathmore, Crossfield, Carstairs, Black Diamond, High River, Okotoks, Midnapore, Silver Springs, Canmore, Banff, Brooks, Drumheller
ClearStream Energy Services - View All Jobs From ClearStream Energy Services
ClearStream is a one stop shop for Energy Services. From trucking to maintenance and everything in between, we have the career for you! With over 5000 employees throughout Canada, our commitment to growth and diversity has set us apart from other Organizations.
Each person’s contribution is considered essential for the success of all of our activities. ClearStream is proud to provide an environment of respect and recognition. We foster team work, collaboration between employees and Managers and open communication.
Convenient Work locations, transfer opportunities
Challenging work, advancement opportunities
Learning and Development opportunities
Visit us Online at www.clearstreamenergyservices.ca