||Quality / Safety Manager Saskatoon 100714|
We are a small but growing oilfield manufacturing and hydraulic/truck repair company in Medicine Hat, Alberta.
Relocation to Medicine Hat would be necessary.
Health and Safety
- Maintain existing company quality control (assurance) program in compliance with contract and company requirements.
- Be responsible for the interaction with management, agencies, subcontractors and internal departments on quality related matters including performance activities such as audits, program setup, program planning etc.
- As required by quality control program manual perform activities such as audits, preparation of reports and notification to management of quality problems, etc.
- Provide administrative and technical direction to all personnel - includes personnel administration, resolution of technical problems, development/approval of in-house training, etc.
- Act as liaison with management, regulatory agencies, subcontractors and/or internal departments on quality related matters as required.
- Ensure adequate corrective measures are implemented in cases of noncompliance.
- Ensure all relevant HSE procedures are implemented on project site and to assist project staff and HSE Manager where necessary.
- Perform HSE induction for all new employees in line with Company and Project site HSE rules and regulations.
- Assist in scheduling, arranging and delivering HSE training to site employees to increase and maintain high level of HSE awareness.
- Ensure emergency response preparedness provisions / plans in place and awareness amongst site employees.
- Prepare and submit necessary reports to the Project HSE Manager, Construction Manager and/or Project Manager.
- Participate in audits and monitor follow up and closeout of corrective actions for the findings raised during internal and external audits
- Identify unsafe conditions and practices and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Coach and assist field personnel to achieve a safe and healthy workplace
- Builds strong relationships within organization at all levels, primarily with the hiring managers.
Please apply today!
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience doing the above listed duties.
- Certificates, Diploma or Degree related to the above listed duties would be an asset but not a requirement
- Proven managerial skills and abilities to delegate responsibilities and productively deal with confrontational situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Keywords: Heath and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Coordinator, Health, Safety & Environment, HSE, Health and Safety Technician, Occupational Health and Safety, Quality control, QC, QA, quality assurance, QC manager, QA manager, safety manager, Saskatchewan, SK, Langham, Delmeny, Martensville, Warman, Osler, Delisle, Hague, Rosthern, North Battleford, Humboldt, Melfort