||Senior Java Developer / Technical Lead Brampton 100264|
||Nexus Systems Group Inc|
We are now looking to hire a Senior Java Developer / Technical Lead to provide overall application technology leadership to Retail and Customer Systems teams for our location in Brampton, ON.
The individual who fills this position will apply their extensive application and systems technology expertise to ensure the Retail systems technology direction supports the business operations strategy and objectives.
In addition, the Senior Java Developer / Technical Lead will be responsible to conduct technical / systems analysis, design, development, unit testing, system integration testing, implementation and support of software applications, using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Oversees the technical design, development and implementation of multiple, complex, corporate-wide systems; manages multiple development projects, development groups and/or application support functions for a major business segment
- Works closely with client departments in development and implementation of application programs; monitors and improves quality; contributes to the development of client strategies at the project level
- Works closely with third party technology vendors to trouble shoot complex technical issues and/or align the future technologies to our needs
- Gains firm recognition as an expert at the ITS level
- Understands industry trends and practices for areas of domain expertise
- Contributes to the development of firm and industry standards and supports adoption of best practices
- Extends awareness of risks associated with application development and potential impacts, incorporating risk planning and mitigation
- Determines staffing requirements, allocations and selects team members; directs, motivates and develops staff, encouraging individual contributions as well as teamwork
- Ensuring documented standards and procedures are adhered to
- Obtain the necessary clarity of the requirements, working with project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders to develop and plan technical strategies; agree upon project priorities and deliver applications that support business requirement, including systems integration testing prior to code release to Quality Assurance
- Ensure personal, professional development for both technical and soft skills and that of the team; at the more senior levels, train and participate in company and industry working groups; encourage a culture that supports the development of innovative and effective business solutions
- Extensive Java experience; 5+ years as a Java Developer is needed for this role
- Retail Systems (must have)
- Store operations technologies (cash, banking electronic payments, scanners, printers)
- Inventory Management Systems
- Mobile Technologies
- Systems integration - SOA
- Able to work with Vendors and interact with them
- Business Functional Knowledge
- Business Process Knowledge
- Core Application Systems
- Operational Functions
- Foundation Architecture Knowledge
- A competitive compensation package including a 15% bonus
- 3 weeks of vacation
If you qualify for this position, please apply now!
Keywords: Java Developer, Senior Java Developer, Mississauga, Toronto, GTA, Etobicoke, Oakville, Caledon, Georgetown, Orangeville, Ontario, ON, Peel Region, Vaughan, Concord, Woodbridge, Guelph, Halton Hills, developers, web developer