||President and Chief Executive Officer Winnipeg 100041|
PRESIDENT & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Our client, an agency of the Government of Manitoba, responsible for overseeing and developing crown corporations within the province.
The six key provincial Crowns are: Manitoba Hydro, Manitoba Lotteries Corporation, Manitoba Liquor Control Commission, Manitoba Public Insurance, Manitoba Centennial Centre Corporation, and Communities Economic Development Fund.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President & Chief Executive Officer is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Council and the activities of the six key provincial crown corporations as set out in the Crown Corporation’s Public Review and Accountability Act.
The President & Chief Executive Officer ensures that Council and its values, mandate, mission and objectives, reports and activities are consistently presented in a strong positive image to relevant stakeholders. Working cooperatively with the Chair, this individual enables the Board to fulfill its governance function, and supports the Board in the development, review and updating of the strategic plan.
The President & Chief Executive Officer presents annual capital and operating budgets for Board approval, and provides monthly, quarterly and annual reports on the activities and financial affairs of the Corporation. In addition, the President & Chief Executive Officer ensures that the quality of advice provided to Crown corporations, Ministers responsible and Cabinet is accurate, useful, timely and effective in building public confidence in Manitoba’s Crown corporations.
- Undergraduate Degree from a recognized University along with a Graduate Degree in business or public administration
- Several years management experience
- An in-depth understanding of Crown corporations, the public sector, and government operations is a definite asset
- Skilled at leading, coaching and mentoring a small high functioning team
- Keen ability to analyze and learn the intricacies of a number of complex organizations simultaneously
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to build solid, integrity based relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong ability to analyze situations, make decisions, and solve problems
- Communications Cluster: Communicates Interpersonally, Communicates in Writing, Presents Informally/Formally
- Interpersonal Cluster: Provides Customer Service, Resolves Conflict, Respects Others/Builds Trust, Team Player
- Leadership Cluster: Coaches for Competency, Creates and Innovates, Demonstrates Political Acumen, Fosters Collaboration and Partnerships, Fosters Vision, Mandate and Values, Leads People, Values Diversity
- Managing for Results Cluster: Achieves Quality Results, Builds Strategic Performance, Demonstrates Business Acumen, Demonstrates Financial Responsibility, Facilitates Meetings, Manages Change, Plans, Organizes and Follows-Up
- Self Management Cluster: Commits to Lifelong Learning, Displays Initiative, Manages Stress
- Thinking Skills Cluster: Analyzes, Makes Decisions, Solves Problems
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization as President & Chief Executive Officer please submit your resume in confidence ASAP!
Keywords: Manitoba, MB, Headingley, Assiniboia, Stonewall, Stony Mountain, Oakbank, Lorette, Landmark, Selkirk, Niverville, Ste. Anne, Steinbach, Portage la Prairie, Carman, Beausejour, Lac du Bonnet, Morden, Winkler