|>> Return to Job Search|
Security System Designer Medicine Hat 99091
||Security System Designer Medicine Hat 99091|
||Convergint Technologies LTD|
Our Company is an entrepreneurial organization looking for people who want to thrive in their careers. We attract people who are passionate about what they do and believe that each person can make a daily difference. We are looking for colleagues who are enthusiastic about serving their customers, their company, and their local community.
We are looking for a team player to work with our Engineering and Technician teams to provide security design drawings and the associated tasks of project execution. This is a full-time role based in our Calgary location and will participate in the generation of drawings and project scope documents that define and establish sales proposals and quotations for consulting engineers.
When you join our team:
- We open the door to a rewarding secure career opportunity.
- We will support your continuous development – a better you is a secure you!
- We will help you achieve results – period!
- Competitive wages
- Opportunities for advancement
- Immediate comprehensive benefit plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional and flexible work environment
- Fun and laughter in the workplace
- Provides engineering assistance to the sales team.
- Attends pre booking and project turnover meetings for assigned projects.
- Reviews plans and specifications for system design development.
- Completes project design; equipment selection, hardware, field devices, and controllers.
- Prepares project installation manuals, AutoCad drawings, and Excel device schedules.
- Provides complete project submittal packages as requested; prepares and responds to change orders.
- Provides material lists and coordinates ordering and procurement of project materials.
- Performs site inspections providing deficiency report, and system commissioning as directed.
- Completes job closeout documentation, as-builts, and operations manuals.
- Prepares service turnover documentation and assists with service agreement proposals.
- Executes all work in accordance with Provincial, local regulations, general best practices as well as company health and safety policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Requirements:
- Computer literate, proficient in a range of PC applications including Word/Excel/MS Project
- AutoCad training certificate or previous experience desirable
- Revit training or previous experience an asset
- 3- 5 years security or electrical design experience desirable; industrial experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- High degree of concern for accuracy and attention to detail; Good verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in a career – not just a job, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing why you are perfect for this position no later than December 21st, 2012.
Please note this position is located in Calgary and relocation to Calgary is required.
Please Submit Your Resume
Keywords: Security Systems, Security System Design, Security System Designing, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Technician, Electrical Technologist, Electrician, AutoCAD Designer, Alberta, AB, Chestermere, Langdon, De Winton, Bragg Creek, Cochrane, Airdrie, Strathmore, Crossfield, Carstairs, Black Diamond, High River, Okotoks, Midnapore, Silver Springs, Canmore, Banff, Brooks, Drumheller
Convergint Technologies LTD - View All Jobs From Convergint Technologies LTD
Convergint Technologies was founded on a core set of values and beliefs. These values and beliefs focus on our commitment to our customers, our colleagues and their families, and our communities. The Convergint culture is our values and beliefs in action and what truly makes us different. Our most recent colleague survey shows that 97.3% of our colleagues believe Convergint is an excellent company to work for. Here are some of the reasons why our colleagues love Convergint:
Colleagues are Convergint's greatest asset. We refer to ourselves as 'colleagues' rather than 'employees' because we are working as a team, all on equal ground, in a non-hierarchical environment.
We engage our colleagues and solicit some great ideas with exciting contests. As part of recognizing our 10-year anniversary, we ran a series of contests throughout the year giving away tens of thousands of dollars in prizes (and having fun along the way). We gave away an Apple Computer, big screen TV's, college bonds, and additional paid vacation weeks, to name a few. The Grand Prize winner of the Proud to be Convergint contest won a family trip to Disneyworld, visit our Proud to Be Convergint Disney World Video.
Social Responsibility Day is our opportunity to give back to the community. This is an annual event which coincides with the anniversary of the founding of Convergint. On this day, Convergint shuts down our business. All of our colleagues throughout North America go out into their communities to share their time and talents to support family shelters, senior adult facilities, special needs organizations, animal welfare shelters, food banks and various other worthy charities.
We provide opportunities for our colleagues to grow. Each year we sit down with all colleagues and review their current certifications and determine a training curriculum for the upcoming year. Even with our rapidly growing size we continue to dedicate our resources to help our colleagues reach their full potential.
We care about the health and well-being of our colleagues and spouses. Our wellness program provides all families the opportunity to take a proactive approach to their healthcare. Convergint recently received the "Healthiest Companies in America" award from Interactive Health Solutions. This award recognizes companies that have significantly improved colleague health while reducing healthcare costs through participation in a prevention-based health program in the workplace.
We encourage cooperation and competition by recognizing the accomplishments of our colleagues through team and individual rewards. Our most coveted team award, the "Gopher Award," inspired by the movie, Caddyshack, is our symbol of excellence and is presented annually to the most successful sales team in our company. The winning office proudly displays the traveling Gopher in all his/her glory as well as taking him/her on vacations throughout the world. Learn more about the Convergint Gopher and the history of how this fun part of our culture came about.