||Senior Web Developer Windsor 99008|
||Express Employment London|
POSITION: Web Developer
REPORTS TO: Manager, Software Development
DIVISION: Technology Services
The Developer’s role is to write, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. Projects include: building and creating web based applications, website enhancements, desktop applications, database backed websites and web layout enhancements.
This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The Developer will work within a team environment to analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required. For Developers tracking towards ASC’s Tech Lead, they may participate in processes concerning the architecture of new applications to meet client needs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & MEASURES:
- Assist business analysts, designers and other developers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Consistently write, translate and code software programs and applications according to specifications and industry standards
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
Essential Skills/traits Required:
- Superior analytical and organizational skills and demonstrated keen ability to pay attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment where high client expectations exist.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Educational and EXPERIENCE Required:
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
- 5 -7 years working experience designing and building internet-based applications with languages such as Java, C++, C#
- 3+ years experience with Java/J2EE application servers
- Experience with a version control system
- Experience with build tools such as ANT
- 2+ years experience with web servers such as Tomcat, apache, etc.
- 2+ years experience with and a strong understanding of Sun Solaris
- Knowledge of web or enterprise content management systems
- Knowledge of code and release management
- Strong creative problem-solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and proven leadership ability
- Ability and desire to thrive in a fast-paced, client-services environment
Please submit your resume today for consideration.
Keywords: Web Developer, Web Development, Software Developer, Software Development, SAAS Developer, SAAS Development, Web Design, Web Designer, Computer Science, Computer Programmer, Ontario, ON, Detroit, Michigan, Tecumseh, LaSalle, Essex, Lakeshore Kingsville, Leamington, Chatham-Kent, Chatham, London