||Automation Concept Designer / Estimator Wallaceburg 98902|
||Express Employment Sarnia/Brantford|
Our client has an immediate need for an experienced Automation Concept Designer/Estimator for a manufacturing facility. Wage will commensurate based on experience ranging from $20.00 to $30.00/hr in Chatham-Kent, ON.
Performs a wide variety of technical assessments of Customers' and Markets' requirements in support of Sales and Business Development activities, review design, performance and overall systems requirements and functional data with the engineering group, develop and prepare detailed proposals for potential and existing accounts/customers.
- Responsible for conceptual development, preparation of cost model and writing detailed technical proposals for all types of automation equipment and projects.
- Involve key members of engineering management in cost models and conceptual layout, in projects where technical complexity is large.
- Assist engineers and other technical staff in design and development of products, systems, processes and equipment by analyzing technical problems and working closely to customer specifications.
- Involve third party vendors and suppliers in the quoting process, where necessary.
- Travel to the customer’s site to assist in project or product development, working with engineering design specifications, objectives and standards.
- Provide sales presentations to customer personnel, when required.
- Obtain and prepare detailed estimates of time, quantities, labor and material costs required for work areas such as; product design, testing, machine building, equipment installations and manufacturing processes.
- Assemble and collect all necessary technical information and customer specifications from engineering and sales & marketing, in order to prepare detailed proposals.
- Assist in special projects in support for engineering and sales and marketing.
- Adequately define scope of work in proposals to allow project manager and project team to begin work on system.
- Meet agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Arrive to work, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions prepared and as scheduled.
- Assist and attends technical seminars and industry exhibitions.
- Assist in formulating departmental strategic plan.
- Serve as a member of various employee and organizational committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Certification in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial design/Engineering or equivalent.
- Three years experience in mechanical/electrical systems design and applications engineering, working knowledge of material handling, robotics, machine controls and manufacturing engineering and processes. Requires solid technical assessment and presentation skills, knowledge of preparing complex proposals and quotes.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and design tools such as 2D and 3D software ACAD and Solidworks.
- Valid Driver's Licence required.
Primary Environment: Normal office environment. Secondary Environment: Manufacturing environment; may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts, and exotic materials.
Computer, fax, telephone, vision systems (cameras), general material handling.
Sitting, bending, reaching, manual dexterity, visual acuity, driving, lifting up to 25 lbs, and possible travel in an aircraft including overnight stays in the United States and other countries.
I thank all applicants however, only those in contention for an interview will be contacted. Please apply today!
Keywords: Robotics Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Automotive Designer, Car Designer, Automotive Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Automotive Engineering, AutoCAD, CAD Designer, Ontario, ON, Detroit, Michigan, Tecumseh, LaSalle, Essex, Lakeshore Kingsville, Leamington, Chatham-Kent, Chatham, London, Sarnia,